Team Type 1
dLife Show 174
Highlights: dLife trains with Team Type 1 - champion world class cyclists who are breaking new barriers in the world of diabetes. Plus, a Detroit slam poet sounds off about her type 2 diabetes; a U.S. soldier fights to take his insulin pump to Iraq; and Chef Michel Nischan cooks up a low-carb breakfast frittata.
Special Guests: Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet Team Type 1 and find out more about their mission.
- Need a babysitter? Find one.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for Asparagus-Gruyere Frittata.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies Italian-Style Tomato Soup Scrambled Eggs in Crisp Potato Skins Sweet-and-Sour Sandwiches Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Easy Baked Salmon Italian Tortellini Soup Veggie Chili (Gluten Free) Greek Salad Steak with Sour Cream Potatoes
Years before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, The Other Half came out of a doctor's appointment with a diagnosis of "borderline diabetes" and an ADA exchange diet sheet. His health insurance agency followed up on the diagnosis with a glucometer and test strips. After a year or so of trying to follow the diet plan and test his glucose levels, things appeared to be back in "normal" range, and stood there until a couple of years after my own diagnosis. Shortly...