Team Type 1
dLife Show 174
Highlights: dLife trains with Team Type 1 - champion world class cyclists who are breaking new barriers in the world of diabetes. Plus, a Detroit slam poet sounds off about her type 2 diabetes; a U.S. soldier fights to take his insulin pump to Iraq; and Chef Michel Nischan cooks up a low-carb breakfast frittata.
Special Guests: Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet Team Type 1 and find out more about their mission.
- Need a babysitter? Find one.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for Asparagus-Gruyere Frittata.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum
20-Minute Pasta Sauce Quick and Easy Salsa Country Kitchen Soup Hash Brown Loaf with Eggs Marinated Chicken Roll-ups Pomegranate Passion with Strawberries Chocolate-Dipped Orange Logs Spiced Yogurt Dip Tomato Basil Quiche Creamy Herb Spread
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...