Team Type 1
dLife Show 174
Highlights: dLife trains with Team Type 1 - champion world class cyclists who are breaking new barriers in the world of diabetes. Plus, a Detroit slam poet sounds off about her type 2 diabetes; a U.S. soldier fights to take his insulin pump to Iraq; and Chef Michel Nischan cooks up a low-carb breakfast frittata.
Special Guests: Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet Team Type 1 and find out more about their mission.
- Need a babysitter? Find one.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for Asparagus-Gruyere Frittata.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum
Summer Fruits with Ricotta Dip Upside-Down Pineapple Cake Salmon and Chanterelles in Parchment Roasted Tomatoes Turkey Cutlets with Apple and Sweet Onion Relish Herb-Bran Muffins Low-Fat Herbed Broccoli and Pasta Soup Chicken with Celery and Mushrooms Broiled Marinated Shrimp Honey Cream Coleslaw
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...