Team Type 1
dLife Show 174
Highlights: dLife trains with Team Type 1 - champion world class cyclists who are breaking new barriers in the world of diabetes. Plus, a Detroit slam poet sounds off about her type 2 diabetes; a U.S. soldier fights to take his insulin pump to Iraq; and Chef Michel Nischan cooks up a low-carb breakfast frittata.
Special Guests: Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet Team Type 1 and find out more about their mission.
- Need a babysitter? Find one.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for Asparagus-Gruyere Frittata.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum
Broccoli Salad Medley Overnight Layered Salad Contemporary Colcannon Spring Salad with Asparagus and Radishes Spiral Almond Challah Stir-Fry Tomatoes Porcini Mushroom Risotto Chili Relleno Casserole (Gluten Free) Garden Barley Soup Berries 'n Cream
This past weekend was my STAR TREK group's anniversary picnic. Our hostess was one of our chapter's newer members, though she's definitely a second-generation member (perhaps since birth!) of the larger organization. She's also dealing with a couple of agressive, quality-of-life-limiting autoimmune conditions, at least one of which has been somewhat mitigated by the effect of bariatric surgery. In the relaxed atmosphere of a group picnic, she was able to explain a bit more about...