dLifeTV Show 172
Highlights: An entertainer’s death inspires a “bold and sassy” diabetes empowerment movement – meet Divabetic. Also, the challenges of celiac disease; classic comfort food from the dLife kitchen; and Jim Turner with ten things he hates about diabetes.
Special Guests: Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about celiac disease.
- Find a gluten-free restaurant in your area.
- Tap your inner Diva.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for Cheesy Beef Casserole.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum
What's the first thing you do, after opening a new vial of test strips? Run a control test, right? (Well, that's what you're supposed to do, even though it "wastes" one or more of that precious commodity.) Every vial of test strips has a reference range for one or more control solutions. (If there's more than one range, our vials of control solution usually tell us to look for the "normal" or "low" range.) What...