dLifeTV Show 172
Highlights: An entertainer’s death inspires a “bold and sassy” diabetes empowerment movement – meet Divabetic. Also, the challenges of celiac disease; classic comfort food from the dLife kitchen; and Jim Turner with ten things he hates about diabetes.
Special Guests: Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about celiac disease.
- Find a gluten-free restaurant in your area.
- Tap your inner Diva.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for Cheesy Beef Casserole.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum
Kielbasa Tacos Spinach Pesto with Parmesan, Almond, and Garlic Tomato Salsa Topping Tuscan Bean & Vegetable Soup Trout with Sour Cream/Cucumber Sauce Crab Louis Slow Cooker Pork Wraps with Broccoli Fruit Smoothie Beef Brisket with Mushrooms and Pearl Onions Vanilla Mochaccino
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...