dLifeTV Show 171
Highlights: Teenagers talk frankly about their personal diabetes challenges. Plus, young women who manipulate insulin to lose weight – the dangerous practice of diabulimia. And, Leave it to Beaver’s Jerry Mathers opens up about his diabetes life.
Special Guests: Jerry Mathers
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about diabulimia.
- Find out which actors are living dLives.
- Teen needs to talk? Visit Diabetes Teen Talk.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for chili.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Black Bean Mexicali Salad Apples and Peanut Butter Crisp Creamy Cucumber and Tomato Salad Orecchiette Pasta with Broccoli Herbed Scallops Antipasto Bowl Mustard and Herb Baked Salmon Brocamole One Pan Potatoes & Chicken Simple Salsa
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...