dLifeTV Show 171
Highlights: Teenagers talk frankly about their personal diabetes challenges. Plus, young women who manipulate insulin to lose weight – the dangerous practice of diabulimia. And, Leave it to Beaver’s Jerry Mathers opens up about his diabetes life.
Special Guests: Jerry Mathers
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about diabulimia.
- Find out which actors are living dLives.
- Teen needs to talk? Visit Diabetes Teen Talk.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for chili.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Vegetable Wild Rice Soup Strawberry - Pretzel Parfaits Broccoli, Pepper and Bacon Toss Veggie Chili (Gluten Free) Lemon Graham Cracker Pie Cherry-Onion Marmalade Soy and Ginger Marinated Steak Pork with Pineapple and Coconut Curry Steak Au Poivre Grilled Garlic and Herb Bread
Holidays are tricky, no? Between managing diabetes among massive amounts of junk food, managing stress to manage bloodsugar among (sometimes) massive amounts of family squabbling, shopping stress and the like, and trying to get enough sleep and exercise in the cold winter months - it's a lot to handle. So I've got a two tier plan to keep bloodsugars at bay this year. Tier one - diet and exercise. Typically, at this time of year I do what I call the nutrition and gym...