dLifeTV Show 171
Highlights: Teenagers talk frankly about their personal diabetes challenges. Plus, young women who manipulate insulin to lose weight – the dangerous practice of diabulimia. And, Leave it to Beaver’s Jerry Mathers opens up about his diabetes life.
Special Guests: Jerry Mathers
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about diabulimia.
- Find out which actors are living dLives.
- Teen needs to talk? Visit Diabetes Teen Talk.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for chili.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Honey Grilled Eggplant Potted Pepper Dip Creole Sauce Hearty Apricot Muesli Garlicky Greens and Beans Shrimp Artichoke Quiche Pineapple Rum Turkey Kabobs Sauteed Peppers and Tomatoes Oatmeal Custard Fettuccine with Salmon Sauce
Charlie’s 12-year anniversary with type 1 just passed and I still know nothing about this diabetes and why it hates us so much. As if to remind us that it was its anniversary, diabetes unleashed hell on Friday. Charlie was stranded well over 400 for hours and even tipped the scale at 580. Susanne pulled Charlie out of school and started what became a wartime exercise in futility. It was one of the worst blood sugar days we’ve had in years. ...