dLifeTV Show 171
Highlights: Teenagers talk frankly about their personal diabetes challenges. Plus, young women who manipulate insulin to lose weight – the dangerous practice of diabulimia. And, Leave it to Beaver’s Jerry Mathers opens up about his diabetes life.
Special Guests: Jerry Mathers
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about diabulimia.
- Find out which actors are living dLives.
- Teen needs to talk? Visit Diabetes Teen Talk.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for chili.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Mixed Greens with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Mock Chicken Salad with Tempeh Indian Spiced Brussels Sprouts Creamy Garlic Lima Bean Soup Fishy Fettuccine Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Ham Pasta Salad Super Simple Scallops Raspberry Smoothie Curried Pork Tenderloin
About two weeks ago, our international STAR TREK organization received an inquiry from one of its chapter leaders about the availability of a "mental health counselor". From his initial complaint, it sounds as if a number of our organization-level leaders don't have the necessary "people skills" to address members who may, or may not, have come "out of the closet" about ongoing mental health issues, that some of those members would benefit from...