dLifeTV Show 170
Highlights: Two doctors help to turn the tide of type 2 diabetes in minority children; a mouthwatering cake from the dLife kitchen; and kids talking to other kids about their diabetes lives. Plus, Jim Turner takes an arresting look at the diabetes police.
Special Guests: Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Help for your overweight child.
- Dealing with diabetes burnout.
- Dealing with the food police.
- Get the recipe for Low-Carb Chocolate Cake.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Asian Pasta Salad with Vegetables Arugula and Watercress Salad Seafood Casserole Dish Coconut Chicken Caribe Lemon Salmon Creamy Cauliflower and Garlic Soup Slow Cooked Spicy Beef Stew Garlic-Stuffed Red Potatoes Shrimp and Vegetable Jambalaya Ginger Salmon with Bok Choy
Lows are really nothing new to me. In the past (almost) 22 years, I've experienced every variety of low blood sugar. Two seizures, multiple black outs, the "I'm fine" at 32, the nauseating 85, and everything in between. That certainly doesn't mean that I'm used to them or that each low doesn't feel like a new and treacherous journey. They still scare me. They still annoy me. And they still overrun my life at times. Since I've hit the gym and the calorie counting on an aggressive...