dLifeTV Show 169
Highlights: How tough love and a diabetes diagnosis pulled a troubled major league baseball player back from the brink and into the comeback story of the year. Plus, cooking with Chef Michel Nischan, and a New York City Ballet soloist who didn’t let diabetes stop her on or off the stage.
Special Guests: Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet ballet star Zippora Karz.
- Find out more about athletes with diabetes.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for Teryiyaki Tofu & Broccoli.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- How's your vision? Check it now!
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Asian Inspired Coleslaw Tomato Pudding Mixed Vegetable Grill Indoor Barbecue Chicken Filet Mignon with Portobello Sauce No-Cook Letcho Hot Rice Pudding Jalapeno Tomatillo Salsa Seafood and Cannellini Salad Sugar Free Oatmeal Cookies
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...