dLifeTV Show 169
Highlights: How tough love and a diabetes diagnosis pulled a troubled major league baseball player back from the brink and into the comeback story of the year. Plus, cooking with Chef Michel Nischan, and a New York City Ballet soloist who didn’t let diabetes stop her on or off the stage.
Special Guests: Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet ballet star Zippora Karz.
- Find out more about athletes with diabetes.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for Teryiyaki Tofu & Broccoli.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- How's your vision? Check it now!
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Apple and Onion Soup Spiced Scallops White and Green Bean Salad Green Beans and Red Onion Salad Tangy Fruit Dip Broccoli Potato and Cheese Soup (Gluten Free) Chicken Tarragon Salad Frozen Fruit Pops Creamed Strawberry and Banana Tart Roasted Mushroom, Lentil, and Walnut Pate
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...