dLifeTV Show 169
Highlights: How tough love and a diabetes diagnosis pulled a troubled major league baseball player back from the brink and into the comeback story of the year. Plus, cooking with Chef Michel Nischan, and a New York City Ballet soloist who didn’t let diabetes stop her on or off the stage.
Special Guests: Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet ballet star Zippora Karz.
- Find out more about athletes with diabetes.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for Teryiyaki Tofu & Broccoli.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- How's your vision? Check it now!
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Chicken Saltimbocca Pita Pizza Pizzazz Pasta with Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Broccoli Casserole Fancy Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Pie Lemon Shallot Scallops Berries with Italian Cream Tomato Pudding White Bean Puree Butternut Squash Soufflé
As a Type A personality with a perfectionist streak, diabetes management is something that easily gets under my skin. If I can’t do something perfect, then I’d much rather just not do it at all. Which is why burnout creeps up on me super fast. A few days of pesky numbers and I am ready to throw all things diabetes out the window and watch it get hit by an 18-wheeler. So attempting to get my A1c into the lowest possible range ever has proven incredibly tasking for my perfectionist...