dLifeTV Show 168
Highlights: What’s it really like to live with a continuous glucose monitoring system? dLife follows two new CGMS patients through the ups and downs. Plus, a day in the life of a popular weatherman; and a very special school program that helps all kids understand what diabetes is about.
Special Guests: Weatheman Bryan Busby
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more information about continuous glucose monitoring.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for Chorizo-Corn Stuffed Mushrooms and Cajun Deviled Eggs.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Do you know your kidneys? Find out!
- Visit the dLifeFoundation and learn how to make a difference.
- Read an excerpt and order Jackie's Got Game.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Ahi Tuna Steaks with Asian Slaw Artichoke and Cumin Dip Hamburger Dip Coconut Chicken Caribe Smoked Cod Chowder Chilled Watermelon Soup Sesame Kale Sugar Snap Peas in a Snap Simple Baked Crusty Chicken Split Pea and Rice Soup
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...