dLifeTV Show 168
Highlights: What’s it really like to live with a continuous glucose monitoring system? dLife follows two new CGMS patients through the ups and downs. Plus, a day in the life of a popular weatherman; and a very special school program that helps all kids understand what diabetes is about.
Special Guests: Weatheman Bryan Busby
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more information about continuous glucose monitoring.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for Chorizo-Corn Stuffed Mushrooms and Cajun Deviled Eggs.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Do you know your kidneys? Find out!
- Visit the dLifeFoundation and learn how to make a difference.
- Read an excerpt and order Jackie's Got Game.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Chicken With Herbal Sauce Tossed Salad with Tomato/Basil Dressing Sesame Shrimp with Miso Sauce Five Spice Beef & Vegetable Stir-Fry Indian-Spiced Chickpeas and Tomatoes Chili Bean Dip Souffled Omelet with Fruit Preserves Rotini Salad with Green Beans and Chicken in Basil Buttermilk Dressing Fresh Broccoli Pasta Hidden Value Chili
Tsimmes is a simple, tangy-sweet stew made of beef, carrots, potatoes, honey, and prunes. Like most stews, it's carb-heavy, tasty, and filling. Making a tsimmes is a colloquial Yinglish (Yiddlish?) expression meaning "making a big deal out of nothing". While the similar expression "making a moutain out of a molehill" suggests exaggerating a difficulty, "making a tsimmes" has no "negative" baggage associated with it, just...