dLifeTV Show 167
Highlights: Practical advice for coping with the emotional ups and downs of diabetes; a Bishop who spreads the message of diabetes awareness to the homeless; and stirring up soup in the dLife kitchen. Plus, Jim Turner remembers his diagnosis day.
Special Guests: Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get tips on coping with burnout.
- Learn how to make a difference in the diabetes community.
- Get more information about exercise and sports safety.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for mushroom bisque soup.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Oat Pancakes Sesame Pecan Wafers Cantaloupe Granita Caramel Cheesecake Root Beer Float Prosciutto and Mozzarella Rotini Salad "Come and Get 'Em" Potato Skins Lemon Parsley Shrimp over Rice Honey-Cinnamon Pork Candied Almonds
I have spent the past three days dealing with an evil stomach bug. Gastro issues, bloodsugar issues and a headache for the ages - along with a low grade fever - left me in bed trying (and mostly failing) to rest. I'm back at work today after two sick days, but still on slo-mo. Weird bloodsugars are always my "getting sick" miner's canary. Everyone knows what a miner's canary is, right? Back in the day, miners would keep a caged bird (often a canary) with them in the mine....