dLifeTV Show 167
Highlights: Practical advice for coping with the emotional ups and downs of diabetes; a Bishop who spreads the message of diabetes awareness to the homeless; and stirring up soup in the dLife kitchen. Plus, Jim Turner remembers his diagnosis day.
Special Guests: Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get tips on coping with burnout.
- Learn how to make a difference in the diabetes community.
- Get more information about exercise and sports safety.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for mushroom bisque soup.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Cheesy Zucchini Dip Whole Wheat Carrot Muffins Turkey Salad With Grapes Corn & Cumin Raita Pot Roast made with Dried Fruit Skinless Roast Chicken Chinoise Cinnamon-Spiced Pumpkin Soup Sesame Salmon Dip Eggplant Spread with Asian Spices Southern Ham Succotash
Charlie’s 12-year anniversary with type 1 just passed and I still know nothing about this diabetes and why it hates us so much. As if to remind us that it was its anniversary, diabetes unleashed hell on Friday. Charlie was stranded well over 400 for hours and even tipped the scale at 580. Susanne pulled Charlie out of school and started what became a wartime exercise in futility. It was one of the worst blood sugar days we’ve had in years. ...