dLifeTV Show 166
Highlights: Crossing the Baja desert with diabetes and a souped-up Beetle; a visit to a heart specialist; and low-carb party food with Chef Michel Nischan. Plus, diabetes stole her sight but gave her artistic vision. And pop star Nick Jonas reveals the challenges of performing and living with diabetes.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Find out your risk for heart disease.
- Get more info on Nick Jonas.
- Do a vision check.
- View the artwork of Suzanne Gardner.
- Keep up with the latest on Desert Dingo Racing.
- Get recipes for Spicy Chedder Dip and Spelt Crackers.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
An Important Note for viewers with Celiac Disease:
Although lower in gluten than wheat, spelt is not gluten-free and therefore should not be consumed by anyone with celiac disease.
Bulgur Stir-Fry Fat Free Ranch Veggie Dip Fennel with Peppers Lime-Curry Potatoes Summertime Quencher Tandoori Grilled Shrimp Speedy Chicken and Ravioli Lemon Cake Garlic Spinach Orange Roughy Packets Baked with Vegetables
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...