dLifeTV Show 166
Highlights: Crossing the Baja desert with diabetes and a souped-up Beetle; a visit to a heart specialist; and low-carb party food with Chef Michel Nischan. Plus, diabetes stole her sight but gave her artistic vision. And pop star Nick Jonas reveals the challenges of performing and living with diabetes.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Find out your risk for heart disease.
- Get more info on Nick Jonas.
- Do a vision check.
- View the artwork of Suzanne Gardner.
- Keep up with the latest on Desert Dingo Racing.
- Get recipes for Spicy Chedder Dip and Spelt Crackers.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
An Important Note for viewers with Celiac Disease:
Although lower in gluten than wheat, spelt is not gluten-free and therefore should not be consumed by anyone with celiac disease.
Strawberries Romanoff Sesame Chicken with Asparagus Baked Eggplant Brown Sugar Pears with Vanilla Yogurt Harvest Cabbage Seasoned Apples with Yogurt and Granola Caramelized Garlic Spread on Toast Applesauce with Cinnamon and Nutmeg Tuna, Mushroom and Egg Quiche Spicy Beef Salad
I had a bad one last night. A scary low bloodsugar that reminded me just how tenuous diabetes makes my existence. I hate those. I hate the feeling that I'm anything less than a strong, capable woman. Diabetes, like a sledge hammer to the knees, has a way of hobbling the confidence I have in my health, strength and well-being. It is both frustrating and disheartening. It's 2:00 am and a good friend called from their third shift job because they needed someone. Just...