What Can We Eat?
Highlights: dLife takes an in-depth look at how our national food supply affects obesity and diabetes, and how people with diabetes make smart choices today. Plus, the challenges, frustrations, and great tips for everyday eating with diabetes. And Chef Michel Nischan gives us a tasty, low-carb variation on a classic barbecue dish.
Special Guests: CDE Nancy Bennett
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get tips on nutrition.
- Learn more about weight management.
- Get CDE Nancy Bennett's recipes for Turkey Mandarin Salad, Greek Omelet, Hot and Sour Soup, and dLife Salsa.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Orange Chicken Berry Cheesecake Orange Buffalo Chicken Sparkling Kumquat Salad Vegetable and Wild Rice Salad Mediterranean Burger Mock Buns Slow Cooked Chicken & White Bean Soup Coeur á la Crème With Fresh Strawberries Gingersnap and Graham Cracker Crust
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...