What Can We Eat?
Highlights: dLife takes an in-depth look at how our national food supply affects obesity and diabetes, and how people with diabetes make smart choices today. Plus, the challenges, frustrations, and great tips for everyday eating with diabetes. And Chef Michel Nischan gives us a tasty, low-carb variation on a classic barbecue dish.
Special Guests: CDE Nancy Bennett
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get tips on nutrition.
- Learn more about weight management.
- Get CDE Nancy Bennett's recipes for Turkey Mandarin Salad, Greek Omelet, Hot and Sour Soup, and dLife Salsa.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Olympus Greek Salad w/Chicken Apricot Tea Chicken and Mushroom Pizza Salmon with Fresh Tomato Salsa Dairyless Rice Pudding Pecan and Cheese Balls Italian-Style Tomato Soup Southwest Calamari Salad Miso Scallops with Edamame Sauce Ocean Spray® Cape Cod Cornbread Stuffing
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...