What Can We Eat?
Highlights: dLife takes an in-depth look at how our national food supply affects obesity and diabetes, and how people with diabetes make smart choices today. Plus, the challenges, frustrations, and great tips for everyday eating with diabetes. And Chef Michel Nischan gives us a tasty, low-carb variation on a classic barbecue dish.
Special Guests: CDE Nancy Bennett
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get tips on nutrition.
- Learn more about weight management.
- Get CDE Nancy Bennett's recipes for Turkey Mandarin Salad, Greek Omelet, Hot and Sour Soup, and dLife Salsa.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Apple Pie Delight Lager and Lemon Grilled Chicken Creamy Mustard and Lemon Dill Sauce "Fresh" Canned Shrimp Kale Salad Halibut Fillets with Pineapple Korean Barbecued Beef Mango Shrimp and Crab Salad Spicy Chicken Tacos Tex-Mex Casserole
Ten years ago, I sat in my Primary Care Physician's office. I had just been weighed and measured. A nurse had just taken my vitals and my blood pressure had come in a bit higher than usual, which was no wonder because I sat there a nervous wreck. In the year since my last physical, I'd gained another fourteen pounds. I was the heaviest I'd ever been, the scale clocking me in at 228 at 5'3" tall. I honestly couldn't believe it. I knew that I hadn't gotten my eating habits under control in...