Highlights: "Miami Ink" star Darren Brass talks about his diabetes life in tattoo business. Then, dLife goes to Iowa where two brothers share diabetes, but disagree on management. Plus, your health insurance questions answered, and in the kitchen, Chef Michel Nischan has a zesty, low-carb grilled fish dish.
Special Guests: Darren Brass; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Find out more about diabetes complications.
- Get more information on diabetes and finances.
- Search for patience assistance programs.
- more from Stewart Perry on dLife Podcasts.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Grilled Tilapia and Broccoli.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Get more information on financing your diabetes care.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Ricotta Romanoff Sundae Seasoned Chicken and Vegetables Apple Cranberry Pork Chops Homemade Guacamole Portabellas Broiled with Miso Orange/Ginger Carrots Salmon Chowder Rice and Baby Peas with Dill Grilled Won Ton Watercress Salad with Balsamic Dressing
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...