Highlights: "Miami Ink" star Darren Brass talks about his diabetes life in tattoo business. Then, dLife goes to Iowa where two brothers share diabetes, but disagree on management. Plus, your health insurance questions answered, and in the kitchen, Chef Michel Nischan has a zesty, low-carb grilled fish dish.
Special Guests: Darren Brass; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Find out more about diabetes complications.
- Get more information on diabetes and finances.
- Search for patience assistance programs.
- more from Stewart Perry on dLife Podcasts.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Grilled Tilapia and Broccoli.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Get more information on financing your diabetes care.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Mushroom Steak Stew Fruited Pork Chops Sesame-Parmesan Sticks Grilled Sirloin Steak with Olive Sauce Cioppino Gorgonzola Beef Tenderloin Strawberry-Banana Cream Pie Honey Orange Granola Turkey Cream Cheese Bites Turkey Cutlets with Prosciutto
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...