Highlights: "Miami Ink" star Darren Brass talks about his diabetes life in tattoo business. Then, dLife goes to Iowa where two brothers share diabetes, but disagree on management. Plus, your health insurance questions answered, and in the kitchen, Chef Michel Nischan has a zesty, low-carb grilled fish dish.
Special Guests: Darren Brass; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Find out more about diabetes complications.
- Get more information on diabetes and finances.
- Search for patience assistance programs.
- more from Stewart Perry on dLife Podcasts.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Grilled Tilapia and Broccoli.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Get more information on financing your diabetes care.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Chicken & Cola Whole Wheat Lavosh Tabbouleh Tossed Salad Fresh Fruit and Flowers Guacamole - Stuffed Tomatoes Stuffed Grape Leaves Creamy Asparagus and Rice Soup Basil Mayo Anise Biscotti Beer-Braised Cutlets
So. It's been a little over a month now since prediabetes moved into my house. I had to take some time to process everything mentally and add a few more to-do's to my list: 1 - get a 3-hour glucose test for each kid (Check) 2 - schedule follow-ups with the nurse practitioner (Check) 3 - schedule a meeting with the head of the pediatric group to discuss (On hold) 4 - possibly find a new endo (Remains to be seen) Clearly there remains a fair amount of adjustment to be...