Highlights: Learn about a program that puts pharmacists at the head of diabetes care and provides free medication for patients. And the inspirational story of a former pro-athlete who gave the gift of life to his NFL teammate. Also, dLife’s Jim Turner tackles the tough question of drinking alcohol with diabetes, and actress Delta Burke chats about her diabetes routine.
Special Guests: Delta Burke
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Find out if assistance with diabetes care is available in your area.
- Find out more about alcohol and diabetes.
- Test your celebrity diabetes IQ!
- Get inspired by actors and athletes who have diabetes.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Brisk Blueberry Crisp Sparkling Kumquat Salad Baked Chicken with Vegetables Italian Broccoli Hearts of Palm Salad Oriental Cabbage Salad Low Fat Turkey Meat Loaf Black Bean Soup Zucchini and Parmesan Cheese Salad Smoked Turkey Mango Salad
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...