Highlights: The story of two mothers who founded a diabetes fundraising powerhouse. dLife visits a physical therapist to discuss little-known diabetes complications. And, teen pop star Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers talks about his new life with diabetes. Plus, Chef Michel Nischan spices things up with a Mexican pizza.
Special Guests: Nick Jonas; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Mexican Pizza and get the recipe.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Get updated on the work of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Find a physical therapist in your area.
- Find out more about famous musicians with diabetes.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Broccoli Kabobs Adobo Chips with Goat Cheese and Cilantro Salsa Chocolate Meringue Kisses Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce Gazpacho Soup Steakhouse London Broil Paulina's Italian Cream Soda Black Bean and Rice Salad Corn and Scallop Chowder Gingered Beef Roast
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...