Highlights: The story of two mothers who founded a diabetes fundraising powerhouse. dLife visits a physical therapist to discuss little-known diabetes complications. And, teen pop star Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers talks about his new life with diabetes. Plus, Chef Michel Nischan spices things up with a Mexican pizza.
Special Guests: Nick Jonas; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Mexican Pizza and get the recipe.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Get updated on the work of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Find a physical therapist in your area.
- Find out more about famous musicians with diabetes.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Flourless Almond Torte Strawberry Orange Pops Smoked Turkey Mango Salad Zesty Egg Salad Prosciutto and Asparagus Rolls Smothered Pork Chops Pistou - a traditional vegetable soup Baked Crabmeat au Gratin Lamb with Brown Rice "Risotto" Simple Linguine
Tsimmes is a simple, tangy-sweet stew made of beef, carrots, potatoes, honey, and prunes. Like most stews, it's carb-heavy, tasty, and filling. Making a tsimmes is a colloquial Yinglish (Yiddlish?) expression meaning "making a big deal out of nothing". While the similar expression "making a moutain out of a molehill" suggests exaggerating a difficulty, "making a tsimmes" has no "negative" baggage associated with it, just...