Highlights: The story of two mothers who founded a diabetes fundraising powerhouse. dLife visits a physical therapist to discuss little-known diabetes complications. And, teen pop star Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers talks about his new life with diabetes. Plus, Chef Michel Nischan spices things up with a Mexican pizza.
Special Guests: Nick Jonas; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Mexican Pizza and get the recipe.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Get updated on the work of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Find a physical therapist in your area.
- Find out more about famous musicians with diabetes.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Oven Roasted Orange-Chile Glazed Turkey Tenderloin Tangy Chicken Salad Indonesian Tofu Satay Pico De Gallo Curried Winter Squash Chili Relleno Casserole (Gluten Free) Teriyaki-Glazed Salmon with Peaches Cannellini Bean Dip Tofu and Chickpea Dip Fresh Corn Pudding
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...