Highlights: A close-up view of diabetic eye disease; understanding the glycemic index; and low-carb Mexican cooking with Chef Michel Nischan.
Special Guests: Dr. Marc Lowe; Dr. Thomas Wolever; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Thomas Wolever.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for Fish Taco Salad.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Learn more about diabetic eye disease.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Hanukkah Wild Rice and Potato Latkes Homemade Chai Crabmeat Omelet Seasoned Apples with Yogurt and Granola Easy Pork Won Tons Ham and Asparagus Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Macaroons Chicken Vermicelli Citrus-Mint Tea Tropical-Fruit Platter
What a weird disease. It’s not enough that unregulated glucose spits like a sprinkler from his liver at all hours of the night making it impossible to get a handle on things. It’s not enough that the same food he eats one day has a completely opposite effect the next. It’s not enough that we’re at the mercy of biological factors we can’t even begin to fathom yet we continue to believe one of these days we’ll finally solve this mother of...