Highlights: A close-up view of diabetic eye disease; understanding the glycemic index; and low-carb Mexican cooking with Chef Michel Nischan.
Special Guests: Dr. Marc Lowe; Dr. Thomas Wolever; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Thomas Wolever.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for Fish Taco Salad.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Learn more about diabetic eye disease.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Orange Baked Pork Tenderloin Barley and Cranberry Pork Stew Egg Flower Soup Quick Lemon Curd Chicken with Apricot Mustard Sauce Syrian Baba Ghanouj Peanut Tomato Dressing Mexican Style Stew Red Tomato Salsa with Poblano Chile Sweet-Sour Wrap-Ups
Most of the time, we bash the lastest news about a "diabetes cure" because it is neither a cure, nor often even a significant improvement in diabetes treatment. Usually these "cures" are tested in mice, but fail to make the leap over to human physiology. Devices may work in the lab, but take decades to pass through FDA review, and still not be much better than what we already have. It's enough to make us all jaded. I know I am. But I saw something...