Highlights: A close-up view of diabetic eye disease; understanding the glycemic index; and low-carb Mexican cooking with Chef Michel Nischan.
Special Guests: Dr. Marc Lowe; Dr. Thomas Wolever; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Thomas Wolever.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for Fish Taco Salad.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Learn more about diabetic eye disease.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Chopped Salad With Blue Cheese Dressing Grilled Turkey Burgers Braised Artichokes with Béarnaise Sauce Mediterranean Cabbage Casserole Couscous Salad with Wild Mushrooms and Snow Peas Lemon Soufflé Tart Jerk Chicken Kabobs Pork Marsala Moroccan Spice Crusted Sea Bass Buckwheat Groats with Pine Nuts
With Charlie home now for the summer and under Susanne’s watchful eye, you would think there’s no need for me to plug in NightScout at all. Why would I need to watch blood sugars while at work each day? What good would that do? The whole point of the thing was to be a second (or third) set of eyes when Charlie was at school or at a friend’s house or in Japan. BECAUSE I’M A CRAZY PERSON!!!!!!!!! That’s why. Watching Charlie’s numbers like...