Highlights: A close-up view of diabetic eye disease; understanding the glycemic index; and low-carb Mexican cooking with Chef Michel Nischan.
Special Guests: Dr. Marc Lowe; Dr. Thomas Wolever; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Thomas Wolever.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for Fish Taco Salad.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Learn more about diabetic eye disease.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Family Favorite Chicken Soup Honey Mustard and Sausage Cheese Spread Spiced Lamb Chops Parmesan-Pepper Ranch Dressing Far East Tabbouleh Peppered Pork Roast Honey-Mustard Chicken Asparagus with Mustard Dill Sauce Creamy Primavera-Stuffed Potatoes Hash Brown Casserole
Under New Jersey's sanitation laws, syringe needles (sharps) need to be treated as hazardous biological waste. Lancets, like the straight pins and needles we use for garment sewing, do not. Still, the potential for secondary damage (to bathroom attendants, cleaning personnel, and sanitation workers) from these small sharps is non-neglible. While there's no "prick-safe" method of disposing of the needles I break sewing an average costume, standard lancets...