Highlights: A close-up view of diabetic eye disease; understanding the glycemic index; and low-carb Mexican cooking with Chef Michel Nischan.
Special Guests: Dr. Marc Lowe; Dr. Thomas Wolever; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Thomas Wolever.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for Fish Taco Salad.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Learn more about diabetic eye disease.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip and Sour Cream Muffins Grilled Salmon with Fresh Herb Sauce Three-Grain Molasses Bread Peanut Butter Oatmeal Granola Bars (Gluten Free) Egg in the Bread Apple Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops Homemade Yogurt Cheese Spread Fresh Corn Pudding Mustard-Grilled Pork Chops with Two-Tomato Salsa Barley Pilaf with Smoked Ham Hock
Gone are the days of repelling Mission Impossible-like from the hospital ceiling to retrieve Charlie's medical files before the CDE entered our exam room. It's not that I don't care anymore about his A1c. Of course I care. Maybe in the past I was more consumed by it. For a very long time I so desperately wanted to see an A1c below 8. Now that we've been comfortably in the low to mid-7s for the last couple of years, there's just an expectation. It's become a little anticlimactic....