Treatment and Technology
Highlights: Wired for diabetes control – how technology helps and hinders. Plus, the holy grail of diabetes – the closed loop system. And, a special babysitting service that caters to kids with diabetes.
Special Guests: Dr. Stuart Weinzimer; Kimberly Ross; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Stuart Weinzimer.
- Find out more about safesittings.com and get baby sitting tips.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for Magnificent Marinara Over Spaghetti Squash.
- Find out more about the artificial pancreas.
- Find out the latest in diabetes technology.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Cherry Eggnog Caramelized Apple Slices Shepherd's Pie Cinnamon Sirloin Chops w/Peach Sauce Primavera Sauce Spicy Shrimp Packets Curried Cauliflower Sausage-Cheese Meatballs Spicy Pita Chips White and Green Bean Salad
Yesterday was pretty horrible. Today is better. So far … Yesterday morning’s Dexcom graph was Mount Kilimanjaro. Today we have a dorsal fin, jutting out of the water at about 200 before descending into a connect-the-dots shark. He appears to be 63 at lunchtime versus three-hundred-something yesterday. Not perfect, but it never is. Charlie’s teacher and the nurse mentioned that he didn’t look like himself yesterday. He had taken too many body blows from diabetes...