Treatment and Technology
Highlights: Wired for diabetes control – how technology helps and hinders. Plus, the holy grail of diabetes – the closed loop system. And, a special babysitting service that caters to kids with diabetes.
Special Guests: Dr. Stuart Weinzimer; Kimberly Ross; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Stuart Weinzimer.
- Find out more about safesittings.com and get baby sitting tips.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for Magnificent Marinara Over Spaghetti Squash.
- Find out more about the artificial pancreas.
- Find out the latest in diabetes technology.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Diabetes Drug Shows Promise in the Treatment of Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis
Two New LDL Cholesterol Drugs May Have Big Impact on Heart Disease
COBA Conference Steers Forward in the Fight Against Childhood Obesity
Google Secures Patent for Glucose-Sensing Contact Lens
Medtronic to Use GlucoSitter Artificial Pancreas Software in Future Insulin Pumps - A Big Deal!
Chicken Pot Pie Crispy Seasoned Sweet Potatoes Thai Fruit Salad Easy Strawberry Sherbet Ham and Rice Salad Pickled Cucumbers Marinated Tomato/Basil Salad Dill Carrot Soup Maple Cranberry Oatmeal Spaghetti Skillet
My diabetes is changing. Until a few years ago, my morning readings were reasonable and within the desired range of under 100 mg/dl. About two years ago, they started slipping upwards into the less-desirable but apparently not-worrisome range of 100-110 mg/dl. Now, this was what was recorded by my Abbott Freestyle Lite meter, which is known to record at the lower end of the home-glucometer variability range, but with my A1c firmly in the high 5s and low 6s, the meter's tendency to...