Treatment and Technology
Highlights: Wired for diabetes control – how technology helps and hinders. Plus, the holy grail of diabetes – the closed loop system. And, a special babysitting service that caters to kids with diabetes.
Special Guests: Dr. Stuart Weinzimer; Kimberly Ross; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Stuart Weinzimer.
- Find out more about safesittings.com and get baby sitting tips.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for Magnificent Marinara Over Spaghetti Squash.
- Find out more about the artificial pancreas.
- Find out the latest in diabetes technology.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
One in Ten AMI Patients Have Unrecognized Incident Diabetes
Two New LDL Cholesterol Drugs May Have Big Impact on Heart Disease
COBA Conference Steers Forward in the Fight Against Childhood Obesity
Google Secures Patent for Glucose-Sensing Contact Lens
Medtronic to Use GlucoSitter Artificial Pancreas Software in Future Insulin Pumps - A Big Deal!
U.S. Senate Bean Soup Low-Fat Chocolate Passover Cake Effortless Spinach Salad Baked Fennel and Gorgonzola Beef Dip Citrus Tuna with Fruit Skewers Spring Minestrone Spicy Black Bean Dip Simply Peanut Butter Sundae Sauce Marinated Chicken Roll-ups
My diabetes is changing. Until a few years ago, my morning readings were reasonable and within the desired range of under 100 mg/dl. About two years ago, they started slipping upwards into the less-desirable but apparently not-worrisome range of 100-110 mg/dl. Now, this was what was recorded by my Abbott Freestyle Lite meter, which is known to record at the lower end of the home-glucometer variability range, but with my A1c firmly in the high 5s and low 6s, the meter's tendency to...