Treatment and Technology
Highlights: Wired for diabetes control – how technology helps and hinders. Plus, the holy grail of diabetes – the closed loop system. And, a special babysitting service that caters to kids with diabetes.
Special Guests: Dr. Stuart Weinzimer; Kimberly Ross; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Stuart Weinzimer.
- Find out more about safesittings.com and get baby sitting tips.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for Magnificent Marinara Over Spaghetti Squash.
- Find out more about the artificial pancreas.
- Find out the latest in diabetes technology.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Crunchy Yogurt Parfait Cranberry Filled Wontons Green Beans and Walnuts Mexican Spiced Coffee Shrimp with Roasted Red Pepper-Horseradish Sauce Cheesecake Bars (Gluten Free) Asian Peanut Chicken Soup Creamed Mushroom Soup Little Tomatoes with Cheese Grilled Mustard-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
“Why aren’t you freaking out?” Susanne asked me, as she stuffed the seventy-ninth juice box into Charlie’s drawstring bag to add to the 1000-count container of grape glucose tabs. The weight of the bag dropped him to the floor like an anchor and he scrambled around on his back like a crab. “Aren’t you nervous???” “Yeah, I’m nervous,” I said, although it didn’t sound as if I was. I fiddled with my phone, making swift visits to Instagram...