Treatment and Technology
Highlights: Wired for diabetes control – how technology helps and hinders. Plus, the holy grail of diabetes – the closed loop system. And, a special babysitting service that caters to kids with diabetes.
Special Guests: Dr. Stuart Weinzimer; Kimberly Ross; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Stuart Weinzimer.
- Find out more about safesittings.com and get baby sitting tips.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for Magnificent Marinara Over Spaghetti Squash.
- Find out more about the artificial pancreas.
- Find out the latest in diabetes technology.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Fresh Fruit Breakfast Salad Open Face Vegetable Sandwich Crab Imperial Casi Mojitoz Easy Citrus Salmon (Gluten Free) Tempeh Sandwich Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins Green Grape Sorbet Quick Taco Soup Hamburger Dip
I don't often write about mental health issues. Mostly that's because I was brought up to believe in "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and "therapy usually does more harm than good". That story is not up for discussion; it's at least as strongly ingrained in me as Creationism is in literalist religious denominations. That said, it's hard to live surrounded by modern media and remain ignorant of the "signs and symptoms of clinical depression". But...