Treatment and Technology
Highlights: Wired for diabetes control – how technology helps and hinders. Plus, the holy grail of diabetes – the closed loop system. And, a special babysitting service that caters to kids with diabetes.
Special Guests: Dr. Stuart Weinzimer; Kimberly Ross; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Stuart Weinzimer.
- Find out more about safesittings.com and get baby sitting tips.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan’s recipe for Magnificent Marinara Over Spaghetti Squash.
- Find out more about the artificial pancreas.
- Find out the latest in diabetes technology.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Brussels Sprouts and Gnocchi Salad Beet Borscht with Soy-based Sausages Snow Peas with Water Chestnuts and Bamboo Shoots Artichoke and Olive Spread Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies Crab Chowder Herbed Green Beans Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins Onion Focaccia Chinese Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing
In junior high school, I'd gotten my hands on one of my father's old English books and read a story by Nathaniel Hawthorne, "The Great Stone Face". The story is based on the natural mountain/rock formation in New Hampshire of the same name (you can see an image of it on New Hampshire state quarters). In the story, there was a legend that the person whose face looked like The Great Stone Face would be "the...