Highlights: The life and times of diabetes pioneer Elliott Joslin; ten things to hate about diabetes; and finding help and hope on the Internet.
Special Guests: Dr. Thomas Hostetter
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about diabetic kidney disease.
- Find out about other diabetes resources.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
- View a slide show about the life of Eliott Joslin
Pork with Apple Onion Sauce Grilled Halibut with Lime and Cilantro Fresh Mozzarella Crostini Curried Turkey and Barley Casserole Basmati Rice with Raisins and Almonds Lemon Ginger Scones Chili Bean Dip Turkey and Dill Pasta Pie Shortbread Crust Southern-Style Cajun Pork
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...