Highlights: The life and times of diabetes pioneer Elliott Joslin; ten things to hate about diabetes; and finding help and hope on the Internet.
Special Guests: Dr. Thomas Hostetter
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about diabetic kidney disease.
- Find out about other diabetes resources.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
- View a slide show about the life of Eliott Joslin
Minted Chutney Roasted Vegetables Orange-Glazed Carrots Turkey Breast with Barley-Cranberry Stuffing Gremolata Chocolate Mint Brownie Veggie Quesadilla Dilled Pasta Salad Corn and Tomato Salsa Hot n' Spicy Crunchy Cajun Catfish Nuggets Whole Wheat Waffles
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...