Highlights: The life and times of diabetes pioneer Elliott Joslin; ten things to hate about diabetes; and finding help and hope on the Internet.
Special Guests: Dr. Thomas Hostetter
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about diabetic kidney disease.
- Find out about other diabetes resources.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
- View a slide show about the life of Eliott Joslin
Low-Carb Strawberry Milkshake Whole-Wheat Couscous with Parmesan & Peas Salmon Packets with Mixed Vegetables Shrimp Garam Masala Peanut Butter Bread Pudding Light Summer Pasta Spanish Style Rice Salad Apricot Tea Pepper and Garlic Crusted Tenderloin Fruity Rum Yogurt
This morning it wasn’t the sun, the wind, or the birds that woke me up. It was the soft, insistent vibrating of a medical device urging me to check my blood sugar. Opening my eyes, still safely under the covers, I checked my blood sugar with a meter smaller than a deck of cards, calibrated my continuous glucose monitor, and then glanced at my insulin pump — which reminded me that today was the day I needed to change my infusion set. My dLife is pretty high tech. And I’m...