Highlights: The life and times of diabetes pioneer Elliott Joslin; ten things to hate about diabetes; and finding help and hope on the Internet.
Special Guests: Dr. Thomas Hostetter
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about diabetic kidney disease.
- Find out about other diabetes resources.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
- View a slide show about the life of Eliott Joslin
Citrus Chicken with Olives Grilled Tuna with Tapenade and Lemon Spaghetti Sauce with Red Peppers Chewy Chocolate Rice Crispy Bars Peanut Butter and Banana Chocolate Muffins Apple and Avocado Pudding (Gluten Free) Jam Thumbprints Cider and Tomato Sauce Bananas and Cheesecake Dipping Sauce Collards with Smoked Turkey
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...