Highlights: Diabetes 911 – what to do when emergencies strike. Plus, remarkable rescues by diabetes dogs, and carb-conscious vegetarian cooking.
Special Guests: Mike Graham; Michelle Reinkemeyer; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about Heaven Scent Paws.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan as he prepares Eggplant Squash Bake.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Minestrone Zuppa Swiss Tuna Melt Plum Crostata Herbed Goat Cheese Spread Steamed Swiss Chard With Tomatoes Creamy Instant Pumpkin Mousse Turkey Scaloppine with Peppers Sour Cream Coffee Cake with Apple-Date Filling Rice & Broccoli Quiche Blueberry Cheese "Danish"
Because I wear my Dexcom on my arm, I’ve slowly adjusted to the fact that people will ask me about it. Sometimes it’s the rude and inquisitive “What’s that?” and sometimes it’s somewhat sincere curiosity “Is that a (insert random type of medical device that they assume)?” Sometimes it bothers me more than others depending on how they ask and how they respond once I’ve told them what it is. I have limits to how much myth-busting I want to do in everyday conversation and how much rudeness I can...