Highlights: Diabetes 911 – what to do when emergencies strike. Plus, remarkable rescues by diabetes dogs, and carb-conscious vegetarian cooking.
Special Guests: Mike Graham; Michelle Reinkemeyer; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about Heaven Scent Paws.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan as he prepares Eggplant Squash Bake.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Habanero Surprise with Orange Frosting Southwest Steaks Garlic Tuna Steaks with Lemon Sauce Vegetable and Goat Cheese Sandwich Shrimp Gazpacho Crawfish Omelet Broiled Crab Cakes Roasted Red Pepper Bread Hawaiian Ceviche Eggplant Provencal
It’s sometimes hard to keep track of all the misconceptions and myths surrounding type 1 diabetes. I’m here to set the record straight on some of the myths as it relates to Christmas. Diabetes Christmas Myth #1 – Santa Claus only delivers toys to children with type 1 diabetes if their blood sugar is between 80 and 120. True. Diabetes Christmas Myth #2 – Before Prancer was selected as one of Santa’s reindeer, there was a reindeer named...