Type 2 Treatment
Highlights: A look at the past, present, and future of type 2 diabetes treatment; a high school football team that tackles diabetes daily; and healthy crockpot cooking with Chef Michel Nischan.
Special Guests: Dr. Richard Jackson; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Richard Jackson.
- Before your next visit, find out what questions to ask your doctor.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan as he prepares Creole Vegetables and Chicken.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Hearts of Palm and Red Pimentos Salad Eggplant Dip Portuguese Beef Bulgogi (Korean Beef Barbeque) Swiss Tuna Melt Lime Vegetable Soup Low Carb, Low Fat Mediterranean Herb Chicken Creamy Pea Soup Cabbage Patties Turkey Roulade
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...