Highlights: To pump or not to pump? dLife looks at insulin pumps and why they may, or may not, be right for you. Plus, a leading cardiologist talks about diabetes and heart risk, and an ex-cop with some straight talk about control and complications.
Special Guests: Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about heart disease.
- Take the heart disease risk quiz.
- Learn more about diabetic retinopathy.
- Learn more about insulin pump therapy.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan as he prepares Winter Squash Soup and get the recipe.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Low Carb Angel Food Cake with Blueberries Wasabi Cream Chicken and Fruit Pitas Roast Chicken in Foil Turkey Gumbo Soup Chickpeas and Spinach in a Yogurt Sauce Cranberry and Green Onion Salad Berry Trifle Papaya/Cucumber Salad w/ Ginger-Sesame Vinaigrette Spciy Corn Muffins
In junior high school, I'd gotten my hands on one of my father's old English books and read a story by Nathaniel Hawthorne, "The Great Stone Face". The story is based on the natural mountain/rock formation in New Hampshire of the same name (you can see an image of it on New Hampshire state quarters). In the story, there was a legend that the person whose face looked like The Great Stone Face would be "the...