Highlights: To pump or not to pump? dLife looks at insulin pumps and why they may, or may not, be right for you. Plus, a leading cardiologist talks about diabetes and heart risk, and an ex-cop with some straight talk about control and complications.
Special Guests: Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about heart disease.
- Take the heart disease risk quiz.
- Learn more about diabetic retinopathy.
- Learn more about insulin pump therapy.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan as he prepares Winter Squash Soup and get the recipe.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Artichoke Crostini Tuna Barley Casserole Fried Catfish Fillets Brown Gravy Leek Strudels Green Beans with Prosciutto and Onions Coconut Chicken Bites Orange/Walnut Broccoli Grape Barbecue Sausage Bites Feta Vinaigrette
Last Saturday, I’d been struggling with an entire week above 200 that just didn’t seem to want to budge. So I decided that I couldn’t risk the Omnipod anymore and I had to pull it from my management routine, at least until things settled down. I started twice-daily Lantus injections on Saturday night and have been working out the kinks of being back on MDIs since then. The first three days of switching to MDIs were rough. Watching the Lantus take effect slowly was like waiting for...