Highlights: To pump or not to pump? dLife looks at insulin pumps and why they may, or may not, be right for you. Plus, a leading cardiologist talks about diabetes and heart risk, and an ex-cop with some straight talk about control and complications.
Special Guests: Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about heart disease.
- Take the heart disease risk quiz.
- Learn more about diabetic retinopathy.
- Learn more about insulin pump therapy.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan as he prepares Winter Squash Soup and get the recipe.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Confetti Summer Salad Sunrise Fitness Smoothie Easy Marinated Chicken Dark Chocolate Fondue Asparagus with Almonds Chocolate Banana Split Dessert Delectable Halva Cream Chicken & Vegetable Tortilla Roll-Ups Ham & Dried Fruit Spread Shrimp Artichoke Quiche
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...