Highlights: To pump or not to pump? dLife looks at insulin pumps and why they may, or may not, be right for you. Plus, a leading cardiologist talks about diabetes and heart risk, and an ex-cop with some straight talk about control and complications.
Special Guests: Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about heart disease.
- Take the heart disease risk quiz.
- Learn more about diabetic retinopathy.
- Learn more about insulin pump therapy.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan as he prepares Winter Squash Soup and get the recipe.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Blueberry Orange Bread Sea Bass with Basil Tomato Sauce Baby Spinach & Beet Salad Chicken Strips Stir Fry Chicken and Vegetables with Cashews Cauliflower and Fennel Puree Chicken with Garlic Oriental Cabbage Salad Creamy Asparagus and Rice Soup Creamy Clam Chowder
Dear Friends and Family, When Jeffrey Brewer, the president and CEO of JDRF, says, “JDRF is making tremendous strides in type one diabetes research,” he is speaking directly to you. It is you (our amazingly generous donors) who are accelerating the pace of type 1 diabetes (T1D) advancements. You are driving the incredible progress being made that is benefitting hundreds of thousands of children and adults living with this disease; including our 11-year-old son...