State of Diabetes Care
Highlights: The states of diabetes care in America – are we making the grade? Plus, diabetes education in a beauty salon, and an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at diabetes advances at the National Institutes of Health.
Special Guests: Dr. Elias Zerhouni; Dr. Mary Vernon
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about clinical trials.
- Find out how you can make a difference.
- Hear more from Dr. Mary Vernon.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Spiced Lentil Soup with Parsley Cream Pesto Chicken Pita Mahi mahi with Fresh Pineapple Salsa Beet Salad Apple Raisin Sauce Minted Chutney Roasted Vegetables Italian Soup Cool Strawberry Agua Sauteed Endive Slow-Cooked Turkey and Smoked Salmon
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...