State of Diabetes Care
Highlights: The states of diabetes care in America – are we making the grade? Plus, diabetes education in a beauty salon, and an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at diabetes advances at the National Institutes of Health.
Special Guests: Dr. Elias Zerhouni; Dr. Mary Vernon
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about clinical trials.
- Find out how you can make a difference.
- Hear more from Dr. Mary Vernon.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Strawberry Oat Pancakes Creamy Sherry Chicken Tea-Monade Pumpkin Pecan Bread Mushroom Soup with Leeks and Garlic Lemon-Basil Stuffed Chicken Breasts Berry Biscotti Beef and Vegetable Salad with Ginger Dressing Cucumber Vinagrette Thick Mushroom Gravy
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...