State of Diabetes Care
Highlights: The states of diabetes care in America – are we making the grade? Plus, diabetes education in a beauty salon, and an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at diabetes advances at the National Institutes of Health.
Special Guests: Dr. Elias Zerhouni; Dr. Mary Vernon
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about clinical trials.
- Find out how you can make a difference.
- Hear more from Dr. Mary Vernon.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Low Carb Meat Loaf African Fava Patties Scallops on Watercress Yankee Pot Roast and Vegetables Spicy Mushrooms Three Cheese Points Salad Nicoise Baked Dijon Chicken Turkey Loaf with Portobello Mushroom Sauce Stuff-a-Burger
Lows are really nothing new to me. In the past (almost) 22 years, I've experienced every variety of low blood sugar. Two seizures, multiple black outs, the "I'm fine" at 32, the nauseating 85, and everything in between. That certainly doesn't mean that I'm used to them or that each low doesn't feel like a new and treacherous journey. They still scare me. They still annoy me. And they still overrun my life at times. Since I've hit the gym and the calorie counting on an aggressive...