State of Diabetes Care
Highlights: The states of diabetes care in America – are we making the grade? Plus, diabetes education in a beauty salon, and an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at diabetes advances at the National Institutes of Health.
Special Guests: Dr. Elias Zerhouni; Dr. Mary Vernon
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about clinical trials.
- Find out how you can make a difference.
- Hear more from Dr. Mary Vernon.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Sugar Free Sliders Caribbean Chicken 3-Onion Soup with Mushrooms Eggplant Sauce Sweet Cheese Ball Red Lentil Soup with Coconut Milk Aloha Chicken Spicy Basil Salsa Merry Cherry Punch Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...