Comic Book Kids
Highlights: Superhero brothers who fight diabetes in their own comic book. Plus, an A1c Champion; your diabetes toolbox; and love, marriage, and diabetes – making it all work.
Special Guests: Dr. Paula Trief; Malcolm & Kamaal Washington; Charles Wiggan, Jr.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Paula Trief.
- Learn more about the challenges couples face when one partner has diabetes.
- Find out more about comic book creators Kamaal and Malcolm Washington.
- Find out how to order the Dr. Diabetes comic book.
- dLife’s own Jim Turner shows us what’s inside his Diabetes Toolbox.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Mexican Style Stew Pan-Fried Catfish with Southwest Tartar Sauce Speckled Spoon Bread Zucchini Mint Salad Milk Biscuit Bliss Smoked Chicken Salad Meringue Pie Crust Mexican Style Salsa Cranberry Orange-Glazed Pork Roast Low-Carb Crab Rangoon
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...