Comic Book Kids
Highlights: Superhero brothers who fight diabetes in their own comic book. Plus, an A1c Champion; your diabetes toolbox; and love, marriage, and diabetes – making it all work.
Special Guests: Dr. Paula Trief; Malcolm & Kamaal Washington; Charles Wiggan, Jr.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Paula Trief.
- Learn more about the challenges couples face when one partner has diabetes.
- Find out more about comic book creators Kamaal and Malcolm Washington.
- Find out how to order the Dr. Diabetes comic book.
- dLife’s own Jim Turner shows us what’s inside his Diabetes Toolbox.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Salmon with Pineapple Salsa Sauteed Brussels Sprouts and Walnuts Wilted Lettuce Salad (Gluten Free) Jeanne's "I Can't Believe This is Healthy" Pineapple Cheesecake Parmesan Pork Tenderloin Shrimp Gazpacho Spring Asparagus Slaw Tuna, Mushrooms, and Celery Yankee Pot Roast and Vegetables Tiny Pasta in Broth
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...