Comic Book Kids
Highlights: Superhero brothers who fight diabetes in their own comic book. Plus, an A1c Champion; your diabetes toolbox; and love, marriage, and diabetes – making it all work.
Special Guests: Dr. Paula Trief; Malcolm & Kamaal Washington; Charles Wiggan, Jr.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Paula Trief.
- Learn more about the challenges couples face when one partner has diabetes.
- Find out more about comic book creators Kamaal and Malcolm Washington.
- Find out how to order the Dr. Diabetes comic book.
- dLife’s own Jim Turner shows us what’s inside his Diabetes Toolbox.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Grilled Shrimp, White Bean, & Arugula Salad Scrambled Eggs with Cheese Panko Fried Chicken Ginger Teriyaki Scallop Skewers Double-Decker Fruit Salad Squash and Sweet Onions Almond Mushroom Paté Grapefruit Cod with Horseradish Sauce Cabbage and Potatoes Chicken and Rice Soup
Holidays are tricky, no? Between managing diabetes among massive amounts of junk food, managing stress to manage bloodsugar among (sometimes) massive amounts of family squabbling, shopping stress and the like, and trying to get enough sleep and exercise in the cold winter months - it's a lot to handle. So I've got a two tier plan to keep bloodsugars at bay this year. Tier one - diet and exercise. Typically, at this time of year I do what I call the nutrition and gym...