Highlights: Who’s out with their diabetes, and who’s not, in Hollywood. And, a pharmacist answers your questions about diabetes meds and supplies. Plus, women and diabetes – Dr. Lois Jovanovic explains why gender matters in diabetes management.
Special Guests: Pharmacist Terry Towers; Dr. Lois Jovanovic; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Terry Towers.
- Find out which oral medications can cause a rise in your blood glucose.
- Find out if your state has a prescription assistance program.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan as he prepares a low-carb breakfast and get the recipe here.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Connect with other collegebound teens on dLife’s sister site, Diabetes Teen Talk.
- Check out the dLife Fame pages to learn more about famous – and infamous – people with diabetes.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Warm Berry Compote Moroccan Lamb Chops Cheesy Beef Taco Dip Meatballs Low-Carb Breaded Pork Chops Cobb Salad Oriental-Style Beef Sandwich Sicilian Pizza Tuna and Pineapple Sandwich Maple Mustard Glazed Pork Roast
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...