Highlights: Who’s out with their diabetes, and who’s not, in Hollywood. And, a pharmacist answers your questions about diabetes meds and supplies. Plus, women and diabetes – Dr. Lois Jovanovic explains why gender matters in diabetes management.
Special Guests: Pharmacist Terry Towers; Dr. Lois Jovanovic; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Terry Towers.
- Find out which oral medications can cause a rise in your blood glucose.
- Find out if your state has a prescription assistance program.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan as he prepares a low-carb breakfast and get the recipe here.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Connect with other collegebound teens on dLife’s sister site, Diabetes Teen Talk.
- Check out the dLife Fame pages to learn more about famous – and infamous – people with diabetes.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Fruit Kabobs Chicken Pops Turkey Meatball Soup Barbeque Meatloaf Sautéed Veggies Hanukkah Wild Rice and Potato Latkes Sweet and Spicy Turkey Skillet Strawberry Bread Banana Mango Smoothie Lemon Creole Shrimp Salad
I'm always amazed when I hear how much time quarterback Peyton Manning puts in at practice. More than 15 seasons playing NFL football at the highest level and he still finds areas in his game that require fixing. It's been 10 years for us in the game of type 1 diabetes and I still have so much to learn. Not to compare my diabetes management success to Peyton Manning's football success. If anything, I'm more like Peyton's brother, Eli. I...