Highlights: Who’s out with their diabetes, and who’s not, in Hollywood. And, a pharmacist answers your questions about diabetes meds and supplies. Plus, women and diabetes – Dr. Lois Jovanovic explains why gender matters in diabetes management.
Special Guests: Pharmacist Terry Towers; Dr. Lois Jovanovic; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Terry Towers.
- Find out which oral medications can cause a rise in your blood glucose.
- Find out if your state has a prescription assistance program.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan as he prepares a low-carb breakfast and get the recipe here.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Connect with other collegebound teens on dLife’s sister site, Diabetes Teen Talk.
- Check out the dLife Fame pages to learn more about famous – and infamous – people with diabetes.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Cashew Topped Asian Beef Spicy Fire Stew Seasoned Alaskan Salmon Italian Cauliflower Spicy Chicken Tomato Soup Perfect Pie Crust Roast Capon with Holiday Spice Rub Mexican Sauce Avocado Salad with Thousand Island Dressing Baked Fish with Chile Sauce
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...