Highlights: Who’s out with their diabetes, and who’s not, in Hollywood. And, a pharmacist answers your questions about diabetes meds and supplies. Plus, women and diabetes – Dr. Lois Jovanovic explains why gender matters in diabetes management.
Special Guests: Pharmacist Terry Towers; Dr. Lois Jovanovic; Chef Michel Nischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Terry Towers.
- Find out which oral medications can cause a rise in your blood glucose.
- Find out if your state has a prescription assistance program.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan as he prepares a low-carb breakfast and get the recipe here.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Connect with other collegebound teens on dLife’s sister site, Diabetes Teen Talk.
- Check out the dLife Fame pages to learn more about famous – and infamous – people with diabetes.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Tuscan Purple Onions Corn and Potato Chowder Zsweet Banana Bread Apricot Yogurt Corned Beef Hash Cakes Spicy Seafood Stew Mushroom and Herb Potage Soup Cucumber, Tomato, and Green Pepper Salad Skillet Stew Sweet and Sour Corn Relish
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...