Highlights: The incredible shrinking Governor – Arkansas’s Mike Huckabee and how he’s winning the battle against diabetes. Also, diabetes in a coal mine, and how to manage your doctor.
Special Guests: Gov. Mike Huckabee; Dr. Ian Blumer; Raymond Copeland; Chef Michel Mischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read an excerpt from Quit Digging Your Grave With A Knife And Fork: A 12-Stop Program To End Bad Habits and Begin a Healthy Lifestyle by Gov. Mike Huckabee.
- Read an excerpt from What Your Doctor Really Thinks by Ian Blumer.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan as he prepares Bunless Burgers and get the recipe here.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
Shanghai Chicken Salad Individual Pumpkin Pies Summertime Quencher Super Cheesy Chicken Onion and Spinach Frittata Fat Free Strawberry Cheese Cake Grilled Lemon Chicken Corn and Bean Stuffed Potatoes Lemon Custard Bars Cheesy Potato Ham Chowder
Years before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, The Other Half came out of a doctor's appointment with a diagnosis of "borderline diabetes" and an ADA exchange diet sheet. His health insurance agency followed up on the diagnosis with a glucometer and test strips. After a year or so of trying to follow the diet plan and test his glucose levels, things appeared to be back in "normal" range, and stood there until a couple of years after my own diagnosis. Shortly...