Highlights: The incredible shrinking Governor – Arkansas’s Mike Huckabee and how he’s winning the battle against diabetes. Also, diabetes in a coal mine, and how to manage your doctor.
Special Guests: Gov. Mike Huckabee; Dr. Ian Blumer; Raymond Copeland; Chef Michel Mischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read an excerpt from Quit Digging Your Grave With A Knife And Fork: A 12-Stop Program To End Bad Habits and Begin a Healthy Lifestyle by Gov. Mike Huckabee.
- Read an excerpt from What Your Doctor Really Thinks by Ian Blumer.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan as he prepares Bunless Burgers and get the recipe here.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Cheesy Rotini Pasta with Eggplant Maple Sweet Potatoes Classic Lasagna Pesto Sauce Vegetable Creole Salad Marinated Black-Eyed Pea and Tomato Salad Tilapia with Olive and Tomatoes Sesame Shrimp with Miso Sauce Beef Teriyaki Peppered Cauliflower
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...