Highlights: The incredible shrinking Governor – Arkansas’s Mike Huckabee and how he’s winning the battle against diabetes. Also, diabetes in a coal mine, and how to manage your doctor.
Special Guests: Gov. Mike Huckabee; Dr. Ian Blumer; Raymond Copeland; Chef Michel Mischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read an excerpt from Quit Digging Your Grave With A Knife And Fork: A 12-Stop Program To End Bad Habits and Begin a Healthy Lifestyle by Gov. Mike Huckabee.
- Read an excerpt from What Your Doctor Really Thinks by Ian Blumer.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan as he prepares Bunless Burgers and get the recipe here.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Beef Stir-Fry Peppers Vinaigrette Poppy Seed Dressing Colorful Bulgur Salad Lemon and Basil Penne Pasta Curried Pea Rice Teriyaki Steak Kabobs Spoon Bread with Canadian Bacon Apfelkuchen Asparagus with Mustard Dill Sauce
Most of the time, we bash the lastest news about a "diabetes cure" because it is neither a cure, nor often even a significant improvement in diabetes treatment. Usually these "cures" are tested in mice, but fail to make the leap over to human physiology. Devices may work in the lab, but take decades to pass through FDA review, and still not be much better than what we already have. It's enough to make us all jaded. I know I am. But I saw something...