Highlights: The incredible shrinking Governor – Arkansas’s Mike Huckabee and how he’s winning the battle against diabetes. Also, diabetes in a coal mine, and how to manage your doctor.
Special Guests: Gov. Mike Huckabee; Dr. Ian Blumer; Raymond Copeland; Chef Michel Mischan
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read an excerpt from Quit Digging Your Grave With A Knife And Fork: A 12-Stop Program To End Bad Habits and Begin a Healthy Lifestyle by Gov. Mike Huckabee.
- Read an excerpt from What Your Doctor Really Thinks by Ian Blumer.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan as he prepares Bunless Burgers and get the recipe here.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Couscous and Lentil Salad with Garlic Feta Cioppino Tomato and Onion Salad Clams Casino Apple, Pear, and Cranberry Compote Curried Eggplant, Squash and Chick-Pea Stew Marinated Cucumber, Mushroom, and Onion Salad Scottish Oatcakes Spicy Winter Squash Soup Grilled Chicken Fruit Salad
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...