Highlights: How to start a successful diabetes support group; mastering diabetes through martial arts; and the inspirational story of Jeanette Jordan, a diabetes educator who uses the power of faith to improve diabetes care in her community.
Special Guests:Donna Gibbons
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Download or listen to the entire podcast with Donna Gibbons.
- dLife's own Jim Turner shows us what's inside his Diabetes Toolbox
- Ask an expert your diabetes question.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Shrimp and Tortellini Salad Nutty Butternut Squash Rice Skillet Bulgogi (Korean Beef Barbeque) Chilled Seafood Salad Tuscan Skillet Fresh Spinach and Strawberry Salad Blade Steaks Marinated with Jalapeno Chiles and Cilantro Apple Dressing Fried Pineapple
It’s sometimes hard to keep track of all the misconceptions and myths surrounding type 1 diabetes. I’m here to set the record straight on some of the myths as it relates to Christmas. Diabetes Christmas Myth #1 – Santa Claus only delivers toys to children with type 1 diabetes if their blood sugar is between 80 and 120. True. Diabetes Christmas Myth #2 – Before Prancer was selected as one of Santa’s reindeer, there was a reindeer named...