dLifeTV Show 139
Highlights:The global center of the diabetes crisis – how India is dealing with the epidemic; the lifesaving mission of Ron Raab; and Chinese cooking that’s kind to your diabetes, with Chef Franklin Becker. Plus – understanding the genetics of diabetes with Dr. C. Ronald Kahn of the Joslin Diabetes Center.
Special Guests: Dr. C. Ronald Kahn
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to the Dr. Kahn podcast.
- Meet dLife chef Franklin Becker and try his recipes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Insulin for Life - Click here to donate insulin.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Fish Stock Chunky Tomato Gravy Meatball Soup Grilled Shrimp Over Greens Chicken Gumbo 2 Mole Sauce Bittersweet Fruit Salad Stovetop Okra Kosher Potato Leek Soup with Zucchini Crispy, Crunch Snack Mix with Popcorn
Holidays are tricky, no? Between managing diabetes among massive amounts of junk food, managing stress to manage bloodsugar among (sometimes) massive amounts of family squabbling, shopping stress and the like, and trying to get enough sleep and exercise in the cold winter months - it's a lot to handle. So I've got a two tier plan to keep bloodsugars at bay this year. Tier one - diet and exercise. Typically, at this time of year I do what I call the nutrition and gym...