dLifeTV Show 139
Highlights:The global center of the diabetes crisis – how India is dealing with the epidemic; the lifesaving mission of Ron Raab; and Chinese cooking that’s kind to your diabetes, with Chef Franklin Becker. Plus – understanding the genetics of diabetes with Dr. C. Ronald Kahn of the Joslin Diabetes Center.
Special Guests: Dr. C. Ronald Kahn
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to the Dr. Kahn podcast.
- Meet dLife chef Franklin Becker and try his recipes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Insulin for Life - Click here to donate insulin.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Apples and Peanut Butter Crisp Beef, Barley, and Vegetable Soup Creamy Asparagus and Rice Soup "French" Dressing Pork Chops with Onion and Cherry Glaze Cereal Toss Turkey Veggie Hearts Pepper, Coriander, and Sesame Seed Crusted Salmon Crawfish Omelet Ambrosia Fruit Dip
Most of the time, we bash the lastest news about a "diabetes cure" because it is neither a cure, nor often even a significant improvement in diabetes treatment. Usually these "cures" are tested in mice, but fail to make the leap over to human physiology. Devices may work in the lab, but take decades to pass through FDA review, and still not be much better than what we already have. It's enough to make us all jaded. I know I am. But I saw something...