Highlights: dLife explores relationships and intimacy. The dating life with diabetes; dealing with erectile dysfunction; and talking to your partner. Plus, Super Bowl Champion Kendall Simmons on and off the field.
Special Guests: Kendall Simmons
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read Janis Roszler's column about personal relationships.
- dLife's Janis Roszler talks with Dr. C. Ronald Khan, president of the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston.
- Find out more about dealing with erectile dysfunction.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read more about Kendall Simmons.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Quick Orange Chicken Roasted Vegetables With Pork Tenderloin Orange Marinated Grilled Chicken Crabmeat Delights Cranberry Cheese Melt Mashed Sweet Potato Biscuits Pita Pizzas Brown Rice and Tofu Coconut Banana Bread Pasta with Pine Nuts
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...