Highlights:Dr. Denise Faustman speaks candidly about her controversial diabetes research; recognizing the signs of diabulimia and insulin manipulation in your child; and fast and easy meals with Chef Franklin Becker.
Special Guests: Dr. Denise Faustman
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Denise Faustman on dLife Podcasts.
- Meet dLife chef Franklin Becker and try his recipes.
- Look up more delicious, diabetes-friendly recipes.
- Ask an expert your diabetes question.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Confetti Vegetable Kugel Kentucky Pork Chops Dilled Beet Soup Bacon Deviled Eggs Sugar Free Sweet Potato Pie Buttercup Squash Low-Fat Pumpkin Muffins with Crunchy Topping Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Chicken Egg Drop and Asparagus Soup Frozen Almond Cappucino
Most of the time, we bash the lastest news about a "diabetes cure" because it is neither a cure, nor often even a significant improvement in diabetes treatment. Usually these "cures" are tested in mice, but fail to make the leap over to human physiology. Devices may work in the lab, but take decades to pass through FDA review, and still not be much better than what we already have. It's enough to make us all jaded. I know I am. But I saw something...