Highlights:Dr. Denise Faustman speaks candidly about her controversial diabetes research; recognizing the signs of diabulimia and insulin manipulation in your child; and fast and easy meals with Chef Franklin Becker.
Special Guests: Dr. Denise Faustman
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Denise Faustman on dLife Podcasts.
- Meet dLife chef Franklin Becker and try his recipes.
- Look up more delicious, diabetes-friendly recipes.
- Ask an expert your diabetes question.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Herbed Vegetables Shrimp Southwestern Pizza Dip Applesauce Quesadillas Spinach Pesto with Parmesan, Almond, and Garlic Summer Gelatin Salad Greek-Style Stewed Chicken Fisherman's Seafood Bouillabaisse Forest Mushroom Dip Wheat Berry and Wild Rice Salad Picadillo Tortillas
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...