Highlights:Dr. Denise Faustman speaks candidly about her controversial diabetes research; recognizing the signs of diabulimia and insulin manipulation in your child; and fast and easy meals with Chef Franklin Becker.
Special Guests: Dr. Denise Faustman
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Denise Faustman on dLife Podcasts.
- Meet dLife chef Franklin Becker and try his recipes.
- Look up more delicious, diabetes-friendly recipes.
- Ask an expert your diabetes question.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Asparagus with Lemon-Wine Sauce Tofu Dressing Easy Bean Salad Potato Kale Soup Walnut Raisin Cookies Tilapia With Roasted Red Bell Peppers and Olives Sauteed Okra and Tomatoes Broccoli Knishes (Pareve) Peppers Braised With Herbs Wild Mushroom Sauce
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...