Highlights: Olympic Gold Medalist Gary Hall, Jr. reveals his plans for the next Olympic games; two NBA legends make the link between heart disease and diabetes; and dLife investigates complementary therapies for diabetes. Plus, Chef Franklin Becker heats it up on the barbeque.
Special Guests: Gary Hall, Jr., Mona Morstein, Chef Franklin Becker
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Mona Morstein on dLife Podcasts.
- Meet dLife chef Franklin Becker and try his recipes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Look up more delicious, diabetes-friendly recipes.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Broiled Salmon with Pesto and Olives Mocha Slush Horseradish Dip Herbed Steamed Vegetables Low-Carb Knaidlach (Matzoh Balls) Zucchini Parmesan Lemon Grilled Vegetables and Garlic Spinach Orange Salad Cucumbers with Mint Lemon Pepper Steak and Potato Wedges
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...