Highlights: Olympic Gold Medalist Gary Hall, Jr. reveals his plans for the next Olympic games; two NBA legends make the link between heart disease and diabetes; and dLife investigates complementary therapies for diabetes. Plus, Chef Franklin Becker heats it up on the barbeque.
Special Guests: Gary Hall, Jr., Mona Morstein, Chef Franklin Becker
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Dr. Mona Morstein on dLife Podcasts.
- Meet dLife chef Franklin Becker and try his recipes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Look up more delicious, diabetes-friendly recipes.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Margarita Pork Roast Berry Patch Parfait Picante Sour Cream Lean Pork Chili Soup Anchovy Puff Balls Coleslaw and Pickle Relish Marinated Fresh Vegetable Salad Asparagus Parmesan Quick and Easy Chilled Fruit Soup Crawfish Étouffée
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...