dLifeTV Show 135
Highlights: Advocate Crystal Jackson explains your child's rights and how to make the school system work for you; how one mother is fighting to change the way her school thinks about diabetes care; and going to camp with diabetes.
Special Guests: Crystal Jackson
dLifeTV Web Extras:
• Hear more from Crystal Jackson on dLife Podcasts.
• Read Nicole Johnson Baker's column Taking Diabetes to School.
• Find a diabetes camp for your child.
• Read an excerpt from Jackie's Got Game by Howard Steinberg.
• Be inspired by athletes with diabetes.
• Meet the hosts.
• Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
• Visit the dLife Wall.
• Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Low-Fat Ricotta Cream Cheese Roasted Veggies Sugar-Free Tapioca Pudding Make-Believe Champagne Strawberries Romanoff Balsamic Beet Puree Double-Decker Fruit Stacks Fruit Smoothies Mushrooms Stuffed with Tuna and Capers (Gluten Free) Braised Artichokes with Béarnaise Sauce
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...