dLifeTV Show 135
Highlights: Advocate Crystal Jackson explains your child's rights and how to make the school system work for you; how one mother is fighting to change the way her school thinks about diabetes care; and going to camp with diabetes.
Special Guests: Crystal Jackson
dLifeTV Web Extras:
• Hear more from Crystal Jackson on dLife Podcasts.
• Read Nicole Johnson Baker's column Taking Diabetes to School.
• Find a diabetes camp for your child.
• Read an excerpt from Jackie's Got Game by Howard Steinberg.
• Be inspired by athletes with diabetes.
• Meet the hosts.
• Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
• Visit the dLife Wall.
• Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Chicken Breasts with Tomato-Gorgonzola Salsa Hot Fudge Waffle Sundaes with Neapolitan Ice cream Pepperoni Mustard Spread Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Low Carb Chocolate Fondue Sweet and Spicy Turkey Skillet Macaroni and Cheese with Fire Roasted Tomatoes (Gluten Free) Chicken and Rice Burritos Crabmeat Stuffed Artichokes Orange Cilantro Rice
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...