Exubera and Byetta
Highlights: dLife takes an indepth look at the breakthrough diabetes products Exubera and Byetta; cutting risk and improving care in San Antonio; and one man’s quest to climb mountains with diabetes.
Special Guests: Will Cross, Dr. David Nathan (pictured above), Dr. Irl Hirsch, Maria Montez CDE.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Will Cross on the dLife Podcast
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read more about inhaled insulin.
- Take the type 2 diabetes risk screening quiz.
- Learn more about Byetta.
- Take a trip on the pancreas-mobile to learn how Byetta works on your body, courtesy of CartoonMD.com.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Pork Loin with Vegetables Hot Potato Salad Moroccan-Style Dip Marshmallow Rolls Herbed Yogurt Topping Red Beans and Rice Frisee Salad with Blue Cheese and Walnuts Chicken Thighs Chow Mein-Style Fruit Pudding Chili Tomato Sauce
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...