Exubera and Byetta
Highlights: dLife takes an indepth look at the breakthrough diabetes products Exubera and Byetta; cutting risk and improving care in San Antonio; and one man’s quest to climb mountains with diabetes.
Special Guests: Will Cross, Dr. David Nathan (pictured above), Dr. Irl Hirsch, Maria Montez CDE.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from Will Cross on the dLife Podcast
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read more about inhaled insulin.
- Take the type 2 diabetes risk screening quiz.
- Learn more about Byetta.
- Take a trip on the pancreas-mobile to learn how Byetta works on your body, courtesy of CartoonMD.com.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Strawberry Parfait Pork Tenderloin with Strawberry Relish Black Mushroom Soup White Gazpacho Vegetable Beef Skillet Bacon Chestnuts Watercress and Radicchio Salad Sole Amandine Chicken Caesar-Style Tropical Seafood Salad
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...