Highlights: Experts debate just what “good diabetes control” really is; one of America’s premiere endocrinologists talks about high tech advances in patient care; and low-carb cooking, Southern style, with dLife Chef Franklin Becker.
Special Guests: Dr. Richard Bernstein, Dr. Howard Wolpert, Chef Franklin Becker
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Watch dLifeTV updates featuring the latest in diabetes technology.
- Meet dLife chef Franklin Becker and try his recipes.
- Look up more delicious, diabetes-friendly recipes.
- Ask an expert your diabetes question.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Chocolate Pecan Pie Wheatberry and Mushroom Pilaf Crab Pitas Artichoke Hazelnut Soup Chicken with Mango and Papaya Salsa Anise Biscotti Pizza Dough (Gluten Free) Seared Salmon with Broccoli Florets and Scallions Nechama Cohen's -Kosher Cooking Chicken Soup Salsa Salad Bowl
Charlie’s 12-year anniversary with type 1 just passed and I still know nothing about this diabetes and why it hates us so much. As if to remind us that it was its anniversary, diabetes unleashed hell on Friday. Charlie was stranded well over 400 for hours and even tipped the scale at 580. Susanne pulled Charlie out of school and started what became a wartime exercise in futility. It was one of the worst blood sugar days we’ve had in years. ...