Dollars and Cents
Highlights: The high cost of diabetes care, and how it impacts real people across America; an expert answers your health insurance questions; and smart fast-food choices.
Special Guest: Stewart Perry
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Search for patient assistance programs.
- Hear more from Stewart Perry on dLife Podcasts
- Visit Dr. Lenore Coleman's website.
- Read the transcript from this episode. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Spicy Perch Broiled Bay Scallops Apricot Ginger Teriyaki Sauce Spoonbread Greek Marinated Vegetables Grilled Tuna Salad with Wasabi-Ginger Vinaigrette Baked Crabmeat Chicken Salad Medley Chinese Chicken and Noodle Stir Fry Italian Sandwich
Last Saturday, I’d been struggling with an entire week above 200 that just didn’t seem to want to budge. So I decided that I couldn’t risk the Omnipod anymore and I had to pull it from my management routine, at least until things settled down. I started twice-daily Lantus injections on Saturday night and have been working out the kinks of being back on MDIs since then. The first three days of switching to MDIs were rough. Watching the Lantus take effect slowly was like waiting for...