Dollars and Cents
Highlights: The high cost of diabetes care, and how it impacts real people across America; an expert answers your health insurance questions; and smart fast-food choices.
Special Guest: Stewart Perry
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Search for patient assistance programs.
- Hear more from Stewart Perry on dLife Podcasts
- Visit Dr. Lenore Coleman's website.
- Read the transcript from this episode. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Apple Salad Sweet Potato Cornbread Anytime Eggnog Old Fashioned Dressing Rockin' Rolls New York Style Strawberry Cheesecake Nancy's Old-Fashioned Potato Salad Caramel Flan Turkey Spinach Salad with Rasperry Dressing Beef Fried Rice
Holidays are tricky, no? Between managing diabetes among massive amounts of junk food, managing stress to manage bloodsugar among (sometimes) massive amounts of family squabbling, shopping stress and the like, and trying to get enough sleep and exercise in the cold winter months - it's a lot to handle. So I've got a two tier plan to keep bloodsugars at bay this year. Tier one - diet and exercise. Typically, at this time of year I do what I call the nutrition and gym...