Dollars and Cents
Highlights: The high cost of diabetes care, and how it impacts real people across America; an expert answers your health insurance questions; and smart fast-food choices.
Special Guest: Stewart Perry
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Search for patient assistance programs.
- Hear more from Stewart Perry on dLife Podcasts
- Visit Dr. Lenore Coleman's website.
- Read the transcript from this episode. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Mandarin Dressing Tabbouleh-Stuffed Tomatoes Baked Pork Chops Slow-Cooked Venison Fruit Filled Waffle Cones Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Sweet Potatoes Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Chicken Cheesy Sausage Bites Sauteed Okra and Tomatoes Bubbly Mixed Berry Fruit Cups
Under New Jersey's sanitation laws, syringe needles (sharps) need to be treated as hazardous biological waste. Lancets, like the straight pins and needles we use for garment sewing, do not. Still, the potential for secondary damage (to bathroom attendants, cleaning personnel, and sanitation workers) from these small sharps is non-neglible. While there's no "prick-safe" method of disposing of the needles I break sewing an average costume, standard lancets...