Diabetes in the Movies
Highlights: Special guests Aida Turturro (the Sopranos) and Dorian Gregory (Charmed, Soul Train) share their diabetes lives, and take an indepth look at how diabetes is portrayed on TV and in the movies.
Special Guests: Aida Turturro; Dorian Gregory
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read about Dorian Gregory in the dLife Fame pages.
- Read about Aida Turturro in the dLife Fame pages.
- See a list of movies that mention diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Hear more from Dorian Gregory on dLife Podcasts.
- Read Amy Tenderich's article on Reality, TV and Diabetes.
- Read the show transcript for this show. PDF
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Festival of Macaroons Skillet Squash Low-Carb Chicken Tostadas Classic Tossed Salad Zucchini Soup Key Lime Pie Zucchini Parmesan Key Lime Cheesecake Lite-Italian Vegetable Soup Peanutty Hawaiian Treat
When the Dexcom monitor flashed a warning that it was time to order a new transmitter, I figured I’d at least have a couple of weeks before it went kaput. So we numbed the back of Charlie’s arm for about 40 minutes, slapped the sensor on him and waited two hours for the warm-up period. And waited. And … waited. Unlike the signal spottiness we experienced occasionally when we were using the Medtronic CGM, the Dexcom...