Diabetes in the Movies
Highlights: Special guests Aida Turturro (the Sopranos) and Dorian Gregory (Charmed, Soul Train) share their diabetes lives, and take an indepth look at how diabetes is portrayed on TV and in the movies.
Special Guests: Aida Turturro; Dorian Gregory
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read about Dorian Gregory in the dLife Fame pages.
- Read about Aida Turturro in the dLife Fame pages.
- See a list of movies that mention diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Hear more from Dorian Gregory on dLife Podcasts.
- Read Amy Tenderich's article on Reality, TV and Diabetes.
- Read the show transcript for this show. PDF
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Oat Bran Flapjacks Mustard-Grilled Pork Chops with Two-Tomato Salsa Peaches and Cream Cheesecake Portobello Burgers over Sautéed Vegetables Cucumbers and Yogurt Crudités Chicken with Rosemary and Garlic Japanese Ginger Dressing Fruit-Stuffed Vidalia Onions Stew Beef with Vegetables
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...