Highlights: The basics of eating right with diabetes; gadgets and gizmos that can help you control your dLife, and a visit with diabetes makeover candidate Rachel Jones and her healthcare team.
Special Guests: Rachel Jones; Dr. Christine Gerbstadt; Paul Frickman; Anne Fittante; Pam Kelly; and David Jackson.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from registered dietitian Dr. Christine Gerbstadt on dLife Podcasts.
- Meet Rachel Jones, the BD Diabetes Makeover candidate.
- Meet the BD Diabetes Makeover Dream Team.
- Watch Rachel Jones discuss her BD Makeover goals.
- See the Gadgets and Gizmos featured on this show.
- Read Kelly Close’s column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Braised Fennel With Carrots and Anise Seeds South Bay Chicken Chicken with Celery and Mushrooms Melted Smoked Gouda Cranberry Sandwich Peanut-Butter Squares Linda's Favorite Halibut Low-Carb Crab Rangoon La Genovese Wild Rice Chicken Soup Grilled Beet Puree
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...