Highlights: The basics of eating right with diabetes; gadgets and gizmos that can help you control your dLife, and a visit with diabetes makeover candidate Rachel Jones and her healthcare team.
Special Guests: Rachel Jones; Dr. Christine Gerbstadt; Paul Frickman; Anne Fittante; Pam Kelly; and David Jackson.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from registered dietitian Dr. Christine Gerbstadt on dLife Podcasts.
- Meet Rachel Jones, the BD Diabetes Makeover candidate.
- Meet the BD Diabetes Makeover Dream Team.
- Watch Rachel Jones discuss her BD Makeover goals.
- See the Gadgets and Gizmos featured on this show.
- Read Kelly Close’s column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Fat-Free Plum Sauce Classic Shrimp Stir-fry Apricot-Almond Muffins Tandoori Grilled Shrimp Tuna and Pineapple Sandwich Cheese Kabobs Herbed Goat Cheese Spread Lemon-Herb Penne Chicken Stellette Soup Fruit Mix
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...