Highlights: The basics of eating right with diabetes; gadgets and gizmos that can help you control your dLife, and a visit with diabetes makeover candidate Rachel Jones and her healthcare team.
Special Guests: Rachel Jones; Dr. Christine Gerbstadt; Paul Frickman; Anne Fittante; Pam Kelly; and David Jackson.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear more from registered dietitian Dr. Christine Gerbstadt on dLife Podcasts.
- Meet Rachel Jones, the BD Diabetes Makeover candidate.
- Meet the BD Diabetes Makeover Dream Team.
- Watch Rachel Jones discuss her BD Makeover goals.
- See the Gadgets and Gizmos featured on this show.
- Read Kelly Close’s column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Strawberry Cherry Fizz Slushy Stewed Cranberries Mistletoe Mashed Potatoes Beef Medallions With Pear-Cranberry Chutney Lower-Fat Cornbread Pita Veggie Pizza Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs Asian Coleslaw Broiled Scallops Confetti Scones
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...