Highlights: How to manage your doctor; the latest and greatest in diabetes products; and delicious desserts from the dLife kitchen.
Special Guests: Ian Blumer; Kelly Close
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read a list of questions to ask your doctor.
- Read an excerpt from Diabetes for Canadians for Dummies by Ian Blumer.
- Read an excerpt from What Your Doctor Really Thinks: Diagnosing the Doctor-Patient Relationship by Ian Blumer.
- Hear more from Kelly Close and Ian Blumer on dLife Podcasts.
- Get the recipe for Tiramisu Bites.
- Read Kelly Close’s column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Fruit Compote in Spiced Wine Low Fat Baked Cheese Cake Spanish White Bean Stew Chicken, Rice and Fruit Salad Spicy Mushroom Toast Spicy Hot Breadfruit Anytime Pizza Grilled Won Ton Savory Zucchini Stix Lentil Pita
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...