Highlights: How to manage your doctor; the latest and greatest in diabetes products; and delicious desserts from the dLife kitchen.
Special Guests: Ian Blumer; Kelly Close
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read a list of questions to ask your doctor.
- Read an excerpt from Diabetes for Canadians for Dummies by Ian Blumer.
- Read an excerpt from What Your Doctor Really Thinks: Diagnosing the Doctor-Patient Relationship by Ian Blumer.
- Hear more from Kelly Close and Ian Blumer on dLife Podcasts.
- Get the recipe for Tiramisu Bites.
- Read Kelly Close’s column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Berries 'n Cream Jalapeno Tartar Sauce Chicken Chow Mein Mango Shrimp and Crab Salad Parmesan-Roasted Cauliflower Cumin Yogurt Dressing Creamy Chicken Wheatberry and Mushroom Pilaf Red Beans Parmesan Pork Tenderloin
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...