Highlights: How to manage your doctor; the latest and greatest in diabetes products; and delicious desserts from the dLife kitchen.
Special Guests: Ian Blumer; Kelly Close
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read a list of questions to ask your doctor.
- Read an excerpt from Diabetes for Canadians for Dummies by Ian Blumer.
- Read an excerpt from What Your Doctor Really Thinks: Diagnosing the Doctor-Patient Relationship by Ian Blumer.
- Hear more from Kelly Close and Ian Blumer on dLife Podcasts.
- Get the recipe for Tiramisu Bites.
- Read Kelly Close’s column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Curried Cranberry Chicken Salad Lemon Biscotti with Anise Mulled Cranberry 'Cider' Herb Roasted Vegetables Fruit with Mocha Chocolate Syrup Lemon-Basil Stuffed Chicken Breasts Southwestern Bruschetta Garlic Aioli Minted Chutney Roasted Vegetables Vegetable Creole Salad
Lows are really nothing new to me. In the past (almost) 22 years, I've experienced every variety of low blood sugar. Two seizures, multiple black outs, the "I'm fine" at 32, the nauseating 85, and everything in between. That certainly doesn't mean that I'm used to them or that each low doesn't feel like a new and treacherous journey. They still scare me. They still annoy me. And they still overrun my life at times. Since I've hit the gym and the calorie counting on an aggressive...