Highlights: Straight talk on diabetic kidney disease from former NKDEP chairman Dr. Tom Hostetter; a day in the life of a dialysis patient; and kidney-friendly recipes that are good for your diabetes.
Special Guest: Dr. Tom Hostetter
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get the recipe for Poached Chicken Breast Stuffed with Spinach and Swiss Cheese.
- Hear more from Dr. Tom Hostetter on dLife Podcasts.
- Get the facts about kidney disease.
- Read about the challenges of being on a dialysis diet.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
- dLifeTV thanks the following for the use of their dialysis resources:
Northwest Kidney Center (Seattle, WA)
St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center (Madison, WI)
Washington University School of Medicine (St. Louis, MO)
Mike Hensley and daughter Megan
Chewy Caramel Apple Cookies Red Tomato Salsa with Poblano Chile Cinnamon Apple Chops Sesame Pecan Wafers Crudités Peanut Butter and Brown Sugar Cookies Spicy Garlic Potatoes Smokin' Turkey Sandwich Blueberry Pound Cake Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...