The Story of Insulin - Show 126
This program contains sensitive subject matter.
Parental discretion is advised.
Highlights: A dLife special presentation – the Story of Insulin. The story of the discovery of this life-saving drug and how it has made a difference in the lives of millions.
Special Guest: Professor Michael Bliss
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Watch the entire broadcast of The Story of Insulin
- Read an excerpt from The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss
- Get more information on insulin.
- Read more about Leonard Thompson in the dLife Fame pages.
- Read Kelly Close's column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
Korean Marinade Super Creamy Mushroom Soup Parmesan Flounder Asian Inspired Coleslaw Molasses Cookies Lemon Lime Chicken Smoked Salmon Dip with Herbs and Cucumber Shortbread Crust Gingered Beef Roast Tofu Chopped Liver
Years before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, The Other Half came out of a doctor's appointment with a diagnosis of "borderline diabetes" and an ADA exchange diet sheet. His health insurance agency followed up on the diagnosis with a glucometer and test strips. After a year or so of trying to follow the diet plan and test his glucose levels, things appeared to be back in "normal" range, and stood there until a couple of years after my own diagnosis. Shortly...