The Story of Insulin - Show 126
This program contains sensitive subject matter.
Parental discretion is advised.
Highlights: A dLife special presentation – the Story of Insulin. The story of the discovery of this life-saving drug and how it has made a difference in the lives of millions.
Special Guest: Professor Michael Bliss
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Watch the entire broadcast of The Story of Insulin
- Read an excerpt from The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss
- Get more information on insulin.
- Read more about Leonard Thompson in the dLife Fame pages.
- Read Kelly Close's column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Breakfast Porridge (Gluten Free) Grilled Chimichurri Pork Roast Orange Smoothie Mixed Berry Breakfast Crepes Petite Peas with Greens Tofu and Baby Spinach Brussels Sprouts with Thyme Ginger Chicken and Potatoes Feta-Spinach Dip White Wine Sauteed Scallops
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...