The Story of Insulin - Show 126
This program contains sensitive subject matter.
Parental discretion is advised.
Highlights: A dLife special presentation – the Story of Insulin. The story of the discovery of this life-saving drug and how it has made a difference in the lives of millions.
Special Guest: Professor Michael Bliss
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Watch the entire broadcast of The Story of Insulin
- Read an excerpt from The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss
- Get more information on insulin.
- Read more about Leonard Thompson in the dLife Fame pages.
- Read Kelly Close's column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Herbed Potatoes Tofu and Snow Pea Soup Parmesan-Roasted Cauliflower Crab Imperial Iced Tomato and Vodka Soup Salmon Spread Healthy Pumpkin Pie Individual Tiramisu Treats Light Italian Dressing Peanut Butter Banana Cheesecake
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...