The Story of Insulin - Show 126
This program contains sensitive subject matter.
Parental discretion is advised.
Highlights: A dLife special presentation – the Story of Insulin. The story of the discovery of this life-saving drug and how it has made a difference in the lives of millions.
Special Guest: Professor Michael Bliss
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Watch the entire broadcast of The Story of Insulin
- Read an excerpt from The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss
- Get more information on insulin.
- Read more about Leonard Thompson in the dLife Fame pages.
- Read Kelly Close's column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Kwanzaa Chicken and Dumplings Apple Raisin Sauce Easy Fruit Salad Coriander Chops Smoked Salmon Tartare Mixed Berry Parfait Turkey Pasta Salad Mini Minty Brownie Bites Peachy Ham Kabobs Vegetables en Papillote
Readers ask me all the time [lie] about the diabetes supplies we use for Charlie. I can’t tell you how many times  I’ve been stopped on the street [more lies] by a loyal blog reader wanting to know what blood glucose meter we use or what brand of finger pricker we employ. To calm the masses [not], I’ve decided the time is right to share our secret sauce; to reveal the tools of our trade. Today we take a look at … The Finger Pricker ...