Highlights: The ABCs of taking part in a clinical trial; the very latest on the search for a cure with TIME magazine’s Christine Gorman and Dr. Eva Feldman; and how one woman is making a difference in diabetes care in the Chicago Latino community.
Special Guests: Christine Gorman; Dr. Eva Feldman; Aida Giachello
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read Christine Gorman’s TIME magazine article.
- Hear more from Christine Gorman on dLife Podcasts.
- Read Aida Giachello’s TIME magazine article.
- Are clinical trials for you?
- More on the search for a cure from dLife's Theresa Garnero.
- Read more about Hispanics, Latinos, and Diabetes.
- Read Kelly Close’s column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Luscious Lemon Ice Cream Almond Mushroom Paté Herb Crusted Chicken Moons and Stars Creamy Coleslaw and Fruit Stuffed Cabbage Shoulder Roast with Vegetables Snowball Soup Broccoli, Pepper and Bacon Toss Seared Orange Duck
There are many things to be said about the American holiday of Thanksgiving. While much of the "legend" of the holiday is probably propaganda (Were the Pilgrims and Indians as close as we'd like them to be? Would a harvest celebration in New England really be this late in the year, when there would have likely already been snow? And what about the turkey, which has changed so much from the bird Ben Franklin touted for our national emblem?), there is something to be said for...