Highlights: The ABCs of taking part in a clinical trial; the very latest on the search for a cure with TIME magazine’s Christine Gorman and Dr. Eva Feldman; and how one woman is making a difference in diabetes care in the Chicago Latino community.
Special Guests: Christine Gorman; Dr. Eva Feldman; Aida Giachello
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read Christine Gorman’s TIME magazine article.
- Hear more from Christine Gorman on dLife Podcasts.
- Read Aida Giachello’s TIME magazine article.
- Are clinical trials for you?
- More on the search for a cure from dLife's Theresa Garnero.
- Read more about Hispanics, Latinos, and Diabetes.
- Read Kelly Close’s column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Waldorf Salad Mexican Bean Dip Vegetable and Grain Crumble Chili Clams Casino Spinach Strawberry Salad Spaghetti with Olives and Tomatoes Fettuccine with Salmon Sauce Chicken Fajita Pizza Chocolate-Amaretto Pots-de-Creme Almond-Crusted French Toast
While Charlie begins day 1 of hockey camp today, a group of brave campers near Boston are beginning a two-week "bionic pancreas" trial. I watched the video from last year's camp and lost it when Ed Damiano, the developer of the project, told eight girls that they were about to go bionic and that they would be completely controlled by the device for the next five days. Tears streamed down my cheeks. "Is everybody ready?" Damiano asked? ...