Highlights: The ABCs of taking part in a clinical trial; the very latest on the search for a cure with TIME magazine’s Christine Gorman and Dr. Eva Feldman; and how one woman is making a difference in diabetes care in the Chicago Latino community.
Special Guests: Christine Gorman; Dr. Eva Feldman; Aida Giachello
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read Christine Gorman’s TIME magazine article.
- Hear more from Christine Gorman on dLife Podcasts.
- Read Aida Giachello’s TIME magazine article.
- Are clinical trials for you?
- More on the search for a cure from dLife's Theresa Garnero.
- Read more about Hispanics, Latinos, and Diabetes.
- Read Kelly Close’s column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Creamed Spinach Sauce Curried Salmon Roasted Sesame Pork Tenderloin Cheddar Quesadillas (Gluten Free) Arugula-Walnut Pesto Dijon Spinach Apple Salad Roasted Corn Soup Easy Fruit Salad Steak, Shiitake, and Bok Choy Stir-Fry Basic Pie Crust
So I started the Advocare 24 day challenge this week through my boxing gym. Though I generally eat pretty well and don't have much - if any - weight to lose, I am focused on getting the most out of the muscle tone. The Advocare system seemed like a good way to start into the fall with an eye toward staving off too much winter gain. There is a lot out there about Advocare and how it's a scam. In equal measure, there are people who've seen great benefit from the program. My...