Highlights: dLife looks at communities at risk for type 2 diabetes. Dr. Julian Naylor of the Alaska Area Diabetes Program talks about the rise of ‘diabesity’ in Native Americans, and dLife visits the Arizona reservation of one Pima Indian tribe. Plus, overweight kids and diabetes – how you can help.
Special Guests: Dr. Julian Naylor; Dr. Robert Rapaport; Ardell Ruiz, Pima Tribe & Community Manager
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about Native Americans and diabetes from dLife.
- Hear more from Drs. Robert Rapaport and Julian Naylor on dLife Podcasts.
- Calculate your body mass index and find out more about weight management.
- Explore our resources for parents of kids with diabetes.
- Read an excerpt from Diabesity.
- Learn more about B-Healthy, featured in our Story of the Day.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Enlitened's Mock (Falsche) Fish Mint and Citrus Tea Bread Fish Provencale Brown Sugar Apple Muffins Marinated Black-Eyed Pea and Tomato Salad Wild Greens Salad Swiss Chard with Hot Pepper Sauce Creamy Potato Salad Tea-Monade Morning Coffee
I had a bad one last night. A scary low bloodsugar that reminded me just how tenuous diabetes makes my existence. I hate those. I hate the feeling that I'm anything less than a strong, capable woman. Diabetes, like a sledge hammer to the knees, has a way of hobbling the confidence I have in my health, strength and well-being. It is both frustrating and disheartening. It's 2:00 am and a good friend called from their third shift job because they needed someone. Just...