Highlights: dLife looks at communities at risk for type 2 diabetes. Dr. Julian Naylor of the Alaska Area Diabetes Program talks about the rise of ‘diabesity’ in Native Americans, and dLife visits the Arizona reservation of one Pima Indian tribe. Plus, overweight kids and diabetes – how you can help.
Special Guests: Dr. Julian Naylor; Dr. Robert Rapaport; Ardell Ruiz, Pima Tribe & Community Manager
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about Native Americans and diabetes from dLife.
- Hear more from Drs. Robert Rapaport and Julian Naylor on dLife Podcasts.
- Calculate your body mass index and find out more about weight management.
- Explore our resources for parents of kids with diabetes.
- Read an excerpt from Diabesity.
- Learn more about B-Healthy, featured in our Story of the Day.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Smoked Cod Chowder Apple Pumpkin Cake Chocolate Cherry Cookies Fresh Basil Pesto Scottish Oat Scones Sweet Cherry Topping Barbequed Oysters Hot Artichoke and Red Pepper Dip Honey-Garlic Grilled Chops Creamy Onion Dip
Holidays are tricky, no? Between managing diabetes among massive amounts of junk food, managing stress to manage bloodsugar among (sometimes) massive amounts of family squabbling, shopping stress and the like, and trying to get enough sleep and exercise in the cold winter months - it's a lot to handle. So I've got a two tier plan to keep bloodsugars at bay this year. Tier one - diet and exercise. Typically, at this time of year I do what I call the nutrition and gym...