Highlights: dLife looks at communities at risk for type 2 diabetes. Dr. Julian Naylor of the Alaska Area Diabetes Program talks about the rise of ‘diabesity’ in Native Americans, and dLife visits the Arizona reservation of one Pima Indian tribe. Plus, overweight kids and diabetes – how you can help.
Special Guests: Dr. Julian Naylor; Dr. Robert Rapaport; Ardell Ruiz, Pima Tribe & Community Manager
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about Native Americans and diabetes from dLife.
- Hear more from Drs. Robert Rapaport and Julian Naylor on dLife Podcasts.
- Calculate your body mass index and find out more about weight management.
- Explore our resources for parents of kids with diabetes.
- Read an excerpt from Diabesity.
- Learn more about B-Healthy, featured in our Story of the Day.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Broccoli with Lemon Zest Mixed Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad Lentil and Sausage Soup Sweetened Green Beans and Red Onions Grilled Corn on the Cob Sweet and Spicy Turkey Skillet Chili and Corn Muffins Spring Vegetable Terrine Lemon Baked Shrimp Poached Cinnamon Oranges
It's funny what the simplest gestures represent when it comes to lessening the burden of diabetes. I've got a new someone in my life. Well, actually a someone who's been in and out of my existence for almost two decades, but with whom I've developed a new - and really, rather wonderful - connection. Dating with diabetes can be a little difficult at times. Explanations of high and low bloodsugar and what they mean and do, the "complications might come" conversations,...