Highlights: dLife looks at communities at risk for type 2 diabetes. Dr. Julian Naylor of the Alaska Area Diabetes Program talks about the rise of ‘diabesity’ in Native Americans, and dLife visits the Arizona reservation of one Pima Indian tribe. Plus, overweight kids and diabetes – how you can help.
Special Guests: Dr. Julian Naylor; Dr. Robert Rapaport; Ardell Ruiz, Pima Tribe & Community Manager
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about Native Americans and diabetes from dLife.
- Hear more from Drs. Robert Rapaport and Julian Naylor on dLife Podcasts.
- Calculate your body mass index and find out more about weight management.
- Explore our resources for parents of kids with diabetes.
- Read an excerpt from Diabesity.
- Learn more about B-Healthy, featured in our Story of the Day.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Slow-Cooked Turkey Thighs in Barbecue Sauce Green Salad with Fresh Raspberries Smoked Salmon Tortilla Wraps Asparagus and Tomato Frittata Chicken & Vegetable Tortilla Roll-Ups Seafood Casserole Dish Zsweet Pumpkin Pie Sicilian Pizza Bean and Celery Soup Fried Okra
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...