Depression & Conflict
Highlights: The well-kept secret of diabetes-related sexual dysfunction in women – and what to do about it; an intimate visit with a diabetes support group, and how to deal with diabetes burnout and depression, with Dr. Bill Polonsky.
Special Guests: Janis Roszler, LD/N, RD, CDE; Dr. William Polonsky; Dr. Susan Guzman.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Find a support group near you or submit your support group to the dLife Diabetes Locator.
- Learn more about coping with diabetes from dLife.
- Read an excerpt from Diabetes Burnout.
- Read about female sexual dysfunction.
- Read an excerpt from Janis Roszler’s Living and Loving with Diabetes.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
Cranberry and Apricot Muffins Cranberry Orange Muffins Mixed Bell Pepper Salad Quick Lemon Curd Juicey Cooler Pepper Steak Gingered Chops with Cherry-Orange Sauce Fresh Fruit Cup Cream Cheese Hummus Peanut Butter and Peach Muffins
Years before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, The Other Half came out of a doctor's appointment with a diagnosis of "borderline diabetes" and an ADA exchange diet sheet. His health insurance agency followed up on the diagnosis with a glucometer and test strips. After a year or so of trying to follow the diet plan and test his glucose levels, things appeared to be back in "normal" range, and stood there until a couple of years after my own diagnosis. Shortly...