Highlights: An up-close and personal look at how elite athletes manage their diabetes while performing at the top of their games. Featuring Detroit Tigers pitcher Jason Johnson, champion ultramarathoner Missy Foy, and Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman Kendall Simmons.
Special Guests: Kendall Simmons; Jason Johnson; Missy Foy; and exercise physiologist and CDE Rich Weil.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about exercise, sports, and diabetes from dLife.
- Hear more from NFL lineman Kendall Simmons on dLife Podcasts.
- Read more about Kendall’s diabetes life.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Texas Chili Light Cream Cheese Frosting Sea Bass with Garlic Sauce Sweet and Savory Salad (Gluten-Free) Cheese and Basil Scones (Dairy) Pork with Orange Mustard Sauce Four-Grain Cornbread Spicy Poached Eggs Creamy Basil Dressing Strawberry Lemonade
This past weekend was my STAR TREK group's anniversary picnic. Our hostess was one of our chapter's newer members, though she's definitely a second-generation member (perhaps since birth!) of the larger organization. She's also dealing with a couple of agressive, quality-of-life-limiting autoimmune conditions, at least one of which has been somewhat mitigated by the effect of bariatric surgery. In the relaxed atmosphere of a group picnic, she was able to explain a bit more about...