Highlights: An up-close and personal look at how elite athletes manage their diabetes while performing at the top of their games. Featuring Detroit Tigers pitcher Jason Johnson, champion ultramarathoner Missy Foy, and Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman Kendall Simmons.
Special Guests: Kendall Simmons; Jason Johnson; Missy Foy; and exercise physiologist and CDE Rich Weil.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about exercise, sports, and diabetes from dLife.
- Hear more from NFL lineman Kendall Simmons on dLife Podcasts.
- Read more about Kendall’s diabetes life.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Bulgur Pilaf with Raisins Sweet Cabbage Salad Chicken Apricot Salad Mustard and Sage Grilled Chicken Cocoa Cupcakes Eggplant, Pepper, and Tomato Soup Frozen Berry Fluff Lemon Pound Cake Golden Rice-Stuffed Pork Chops Avocado Cottage Cheese Dip
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...