Diabetes & Partying
Show 121 - Diabetes & Partying - Winter Premiere
Highlights: Rocker Bret Michaels talks candidly about partying with diabetes; tips to stay safe when you chose to drink with Dr. Stuart Brink; and delicious low-carb appetizers that will be the life of any party.
Special Guests: Dr. Stuart Brink; Bret Michaels, former frontman for Poison; and the Diabetic Chef Chris Smith.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about alcohol and diabetes from dLife.
- Get the recipe for asparagus wraps.
- Find more snack and appetizer recipes in the dLife Recipe Box
- Hear more on alcohol and diabetes control from Dr. Stuart Brink with dLife Podcasts.
- Get help for a drinking problem.
- Visit Bret Michaels' on the web.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Onion and Garlic-Spiced Tomato Soup Tomato, Cucumber & Onion Salad Lima Bean Dip with Garlic and Lemon Curried Pumpkin & Eggplant Soup Mixed Greens with Onion and Garlic Provencal-Style Tomatoes No Sugar Needed Peach Jam Speedy Chili Asian Vegetable Salad Ginger Mustard Pork Chops
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...