Diabetes & Partying
Show 121 - Diabetes & Partying - Winter Premiere
Highlights: Rocker Bret Michaels talks candidly about partying with diabetes; tips to stay safe when you chose to drink with Dr. Stuart Brink; and delicious low-carb appetizers that will be the life of any party.
Special Guests: Dr. Stuart Brink; Bret Michaels, former frontman for Poison; and the Diabetic Chef Chris Smith.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about alcohol and diabetes from dLife.
- Get the recipe for asparagus wraps.
- Find more snack and appetizer recipes in the dLife Recipe Box
- Hear more on alcohol and diabetes control from Dr. Stuart Brink with dLife Podcasts.
- Get help for a drinking problem.
- Visit Bret Michaels' on the web.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Eggplant Pizza Gondolas Spinach Artichoke Dip Fresh Mushroom Soup with Tarragon Chili and Bean Dip Corn Chowder with Smoked Turkey BBQ Pork Tenders Banana Bread II Grilled Chicken Over Salad Red Salmon Hash Black Beans
Ten years ago, I sat in my Primary Care Physician's office. I had just been weighed and measured. A nurse had just taken my vitals and my blood pressure had come in a bit higher than usual, which was no wonder because I sat there a nervous wreck. In the year since my last physical, I'd gained another fourteen pounds. I was the heaviest I'd ever been, the scale clocking me in at 228 at 5'3" tall. I honestly couldn't believe it. I knew that I hadn't gotten my eating habits under control in...