Diabetes & Partying
Show 121 - Diabetes & Partying - Winter Premiere
Highlights: Rocker Bret Michaels talks candidly about partying with diabetes; tips to stay safe when you chose to drink with Dr. Stuart Brink; and delicious low-carb appetizers that will be the life of any party.
Special Guests: Dr. Stuart Brink; Bret Michaels, former frontman for Poison; and the Diabetic Chef Chris Smith.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about alcohol and diabetes from dLife.
- Get the recipe for asparagus wraps.
- Find more snack and appetizer recipes in the dLife Recipe Box
- Hear more on alcohol and diabetes control from Dr. Stuart Brink with dLife Podcasts.
- Get help for a drinking problem.
- Visit Bret Michaels' on the web.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Artichoke Bites Greek Vegetable Salad Twice Baked Potatoes Stuffed with Ham Bombay Curry Sauce Low-Fat Chocolate Pudding Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Apples Best Gingerbread Bars Veggie Pizza Ocean Spray® Cranberry Gorgonzola Appetizer Tart Steak Skewers
Polypharmacy: the use of multiple drugs and medications in the same patient (person), usually to treat more than one medical condition. There's a lot we do NOT know about age-related deterioration of one's mental faculties. Every week, it seems, we hear another story where diabetes and age are concerned: one day we read that keeping glucose too high may cause dementia; the next, we hear that hypoglycemia may hasten that mental decline. Only one thing we can take...