Diabetes & Partying
Show 121 - Diabetes & Partying - Winter Premiere
Highlights: Rocker Bret Michaels talks candidly about partying with diabetes; tips to stay safe when you chose to drink with Dr. Stuart Brink; and delicious low-carb appetizers that will be the life of any party.
Special Guests: Dr. Stuart Brink; Bret Michaels, former frontman for Poison; and the Diabetic Chef Chris Smith.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about alcohol and diabetes from dLife.
- Get the recipe for asparagus wraps.
- Find more snack and appetizer recipes in the dLife Recipe Box
- Hear more on alcohol and diabetes control from Dr. Stuart Brink with dLife Podcasts.
- Get help for a drinking problem.
- Visit Bret Michaels' on the web.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Yee-ha! Burgers Grilled Five Spice Salmon with Garlic Spinach Spicy Basil Salsa Salmon and Black Bean Dip Chicken Skewers with Peanut Noodles Zucchini and Swiss Pie Chocolate Hazelnut Macaroons Garlic Soup with Toast Creamy Salad Dressing Sun-Dried Tomato and Mozzarella Focaccia
Last Saturday, I’d been struggling with an entire week above 200 that just didn’t seem to want to budge. So I decided that I couldn’t risk the Omnipod anymore and I had to pull it from my management routine, at least until things settled down. I started twice-daily Lantus injections on Saturday night and have been working out the kinks of being back on MDIs since then. The first three days of switching to MDIs were rough. Watching the Lantus take effect slowly was like waiting for...