Diabetes & Partying
Show 121 - Diabetes & Partying - Winter Premiere
Highlights: Rocker Bret Michaels talks candidly about partying with diabetes; tips to stay safe when you chose to drink with Dr. Stuart Brink; and delicious low-carb appetizers that will be the life of any party.
Special Guests: Dr. Stuart Brink; Bret Michaels, former frontman for Poison; and the Diabetic Chef Chris Smith.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about alcohol and diabetes from dLife.
- Get the recipe for asparagus wraps.
- Find more snack and appetizer recipes in the dLife Recipe Box
- Hear more on alcohol and diabetes control from Dr. Stuart Brink with dLife Podcasts.
- Get help for a drinking problem.
- Visit Bret Michaels' on the web.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Tandoori Chicken Mexican Style Skillet Casserole Turkey and Dill Pasta Pie Pineapple Cream Tarts Low-Fat Orange Jubilee Artichokes in Tarragon-Cumin Vinaigrette Ginger-Orange Carrots and Grapes Oven-Fried Chicken Ham Salad with Hot Peanut Dressing Grilled Chicken Spinach Salad with Oranges, Walnuts, and Sherry Vinaigrette
10. I mostly just like the sauce and the cheese. Pizza crust just doesn't do it for me. Unless it's loaded with buttery soft goodness and crunchy outside. 9. It makes my bloodsugar high for days. 8. Nobody makes pizza like my grandmother used to and it's always kind of a disappointment. She made the best pizza. It was a perfect balance of sauce and cheese and toppings and the crust was insanely good. Every time I eat pizza I end up thinking "not like...