Highlights: How diabetes can both complicate and strengthen family relationships; dLife Diabetes Hero and founder of ChildrenWithDiabetes.com Jeff Hitchcock; and helping your child through the tumultuous teen years with Dr. Richard Rubin and his son Stefan. (repeat)
Special Guests: Dr. Richard Rubin and Stefan Rubin; Jeff Hitchcock
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with guests from this show.
- Read more about teenagers and diabetes.
- Explore more information for parents of children with diabetes.
- Learn more about hypoglycemia.
- Do You Have the Low Blood Sugar Blues?" Find out in this article from Dr. Richard Rubin
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Red Pepper Coulis Beef Sandwich Roasted Vegetables With Pork Tenderloin Ravioli with Sweet Peppers Cucumber Lime Relish Spicy Veggie Dip Pasta, White Bean, and Red Cabbage Salad Grilled Beef Tenderloin With Asparagus Honey Dijon and Yogurt Dressing Pumpkin-Walnut Snack Muffins
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...