Highlights: How diabetes can both complicate and strengthen family relationships; dLife Diabetes Hero and founder of ChildrenWithDiabetes.com Jeff Hitchcock; and helping your child through the tumultuous teen years with Dr. Richard Rubin and his son Stefan. (repeat)
Special Guests: Dr. Richard Rubin and Stefan Rubin; Jeff Hitchcock
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with guests from this show.
- Read more about teenagers and diabetes.
- Explore more information for parents of children with diabetes.
- Learn more about hypoglycemia.
- Do You Have the Low Blood Sugar Blues?" Find out in this article from Dr. Richard Rubin
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Ginger Glazed Salmon Melted Smoked Gouda Cranberry Sandwich Spicy Pumpkin Cookies Avocado, Orange, and Fennel Salad Fresh Pea Soup St. Germain Strawberry Soup Curried Peachtree Pork Mediterranean Style Vegetable Pasta with Feta Broiled Salmon Red Pepper Dressing
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...