(Pictured: Nicole Johnson Baker talking with Caty and Erin Gordon.)
Highlights: Tips for safe and fun travel with diabetes educator Joy Pape; on the field with baseball legend Ron Santo; and a look at the dLife of twin teens who share type 1 diabetes.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with guests from this show.
- Download Joy Pape's travel checklist.
- Learn how to stay safe when you travel.
- Read Top 10 Travel Tips for Your Feet.
- Find out who else has diabetes in the world of professional sports.
- Read more about "Diabetic Travel Tales & Tips," by Marilyn Garcia (the dLife Wall Story of the Day).
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Tuscan Chicken with White Beans Lemon Pepper Vegetables Cranberry Raisin Chutney Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes Summer Squash Casserole Berry Delicious French Toast Jicama, Cucumber, and Pineapple Salsa Chilled Russian Dressing Turkey Loaf with Portobello Mushroom Sauce Salmon Patties
Someone at work asked me for a “fun fact” about myself for an upcoming newsletter highlighting recent accomplishments. Having just had an absolutely hellish day and night of high blood sugars, I thought … Fun Fact: My son’s blood sugar was 525 yesterday. Fun Fact: My son’s blood sugar was so high that he couldn’t take part in his hockey team’s end-of-season party. Fun Fact: It took several...