(Pictured: Nicole Johnson Baker talking with Caty and Erin Gordon.)
Highlights: Tips for safe and fun travel with diabetes educator Joy Pape; on the field with baseball legend Ron Santo; and a look at the dLife of twin teens who share type 1 diabetes.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with guests from this show.
- Download Joy Pape's travel checklist.
- Learn how to stay safe when you travel.
- Read Top 10 Travel Tips for Your Feet.
- Find out who else has diabetes in the world of professional sports.
- Read more about "Diabetic Travel Tales & Tips," by Marilyn Garcia (the dLife Wall Story of the Day).
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
Gingered Peach and Pineapple Dip Vegetable Bean Lasagna Mashed Eggplant Salad Apricot Sticky Drumsticks Peach Iced Tea Carrot Soup with Lobster and Lime Chops & Squash Cannelloni Casserole Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon Sauce Croutons
Years before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, The Other Half came out of a doctor's appointment with a diagnosis of "borderline diabetes" and an ADA exchange diet sheet. His health insurance agency followed up on the diagnosis with a glucometer and test strips. After a year or so of trying to follow the diet plan and test his glucose levels, things appeared to be back in "normal" range, and stood there until a couple of years after my own diagnosis. Shortly...