(Pictured: Nicole Johnson Baker talking with Caty and Erin Gordon.)
Highlights: Tips for safe and fun travel with diabetes educator Joy Pape; on the field with baseball legend Ron Santo; and a look at the dLife of twin teens who share type 1 diabetes.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with guests from this show.
- Download Joy Pape's travel checklist.
- Learn how to stay safe when you travel.
- Read Top 10 Travel Tips for Your Feet.
- Find out who else has diabetes in the world of professional sports.
- Read more about "Diabetic Travel Tales & Tips," by Marilyn Garcia (the dLife Wall Story of the Day).
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Raspberry Yogurt Breakfast Muffins Mediterranean Bean Dip Oven-Roasted Orange Roughy French Burgers Chicken Deana Cucumbers with Mint Tofu Chopped Liver Marinated Steak with Portobello and Plum Tomatoes Herbed Biscuits Ginger Lime Carrots
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...