(Pictured: Nicole Johnson Baker talking with Caty and Erin Gordon.)
Highlights: Tips for safe and fun travel with diabetes educator Joy Pape; on the field with baseball legend Ron Santo; and a look at the dLife of twin teens who share type 1 diabetes.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with guests from this show.
- Download Joy Pape's travel checklist.
- Learn how to stay safe when you travel.
- Read Top 10 Travel Tips for Your Feet.
- Find out who else has diabetes in the world of professional sports.
- Read more about "Diabetic Travel Tales & Tips," by Marilyn Garcia (the dLife Wall Story of the Day).
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Hearty and Healthy Minestrone Soup Fish Tagine with Preserved Lemon and Tomatoes Yogurt Mint Sauce Chocolatey Almond Cheesecake Old Fashioned Dressing Navy Bean Soup Lemon-Herb Penne Fresh Corn Pudding Chicken Stellette Soup Honey Glazed Turkey Breast
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...