(Pictured: Jim Turner talking with Cardiologist Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb.)
Highlights: Cardiologist Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb discusses how to minimize your risk factors for diabetes-related heart disease; Parade magazine editor Fran Carpentier talks frankly about juggling career and family with type 1 diabetes; and tips for eating out without losing control.
Special Guests: Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb; Fran Carpentier, Sr. Ed., Parade Magazine; Howard Steinberg, Founder & CEO, dLife.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with guests from this show.
- Learn more about diabetes and cardiovascular risk.
- Read Greens, Beans, and Leans by Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Among the things I'd never thought I'd hear when I began my fitness journey ten years ago... "Wow! The work you do really shows. Your arms look great. That's my goal..." From a young woman at the gym whose body I would KILL to have. Petite, small boned, slim arms and legs. You see how that just happened? I gave myself a compliment and then took it back. That's often what I do. I hear the words other people say, but my tendency (as is the tendency of so many people) is...