(Pictured: Jim Turner talking with Cardiologist Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb.)
Highlights: Cardiologist Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb discusses how to minimize your risk factors for diabetes-related heart disease; Parade magazine editor Fran Carpentier talks frankly about juggling career and family with type 1 diabetes; and tips for eating out without losing control.
Special Guests: Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb; Fran Carpentier, Sr. Ed., Parade Magazine; Howard Steinberg, Founder & CEO, dLife.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with guests from this show.
- Learn more about diabetes and cardiovascular risk.
- Read Greens, Beans, and Leans by Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Egg and Vegetable Salad Wraps Apple Ginger Jelly Chicken Rolls Stuffed with Spinach and Feta Cheese Broccoli and Orange Salad Pepper Jack Cheese and Spinach Quesadillas Honey Mustard Lamb Chops Chicken Rigatoni Mediterranean Veggie Salad Pea and Rice Salad Garlic Toast
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...