(Pictured: Jim Turner talking with Cardiologist Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb.)
Highlights: Cardiologist Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb discusses how to minimize your risk factors for diabetes-related heart disease; Parade magazine editor Fran Carpentier talks frankly about juggling career and family with type 1 diabetes; and tips for eating out without losing control.
Special Guests: Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb; Fran Carpentier, Sr. Ed., Parade Magazine; Howard Steinberg, Founder & CEO, dLife.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with guests from this show.
- Learn more about diabetes and cardiovascular risk.
- Read Greens, Beans, and Leans by Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Chicken Stir-Fry Salad Main Dish Salad Roasted Whole Snapper Tofu Banana Cream Cucumber Raita Blueberry, Strawberry, Melon, and Wine Salad Quick-Fix Guacamole Dip Seven Season Salmon Creamy Pea Soup Orange and Onion Salad
When the Dexcom monitor flashed a warning that it was time to order a new transmitter, I figured I’d at least have a couple of weeks before it went kaput. So we numbed the back of Charlie’s arm for about 40 minutes, slapped the sensor on him and waited two hours for the warm-up period. And waited. And … waited. Unlike the signal spottiness we experienced occasionally when we were using the Medtronic CGM, the Dexcom...