(Pictured: Jim Turner talking with Cardiologist Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb.)
Highlights: Cardiologist Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb discusses how to minimize your risk factors for diabetes-related heart disease; Parade magazine editor Fran Carpentier talks frankly about juggling career and family with type 1 diabetes; and tips for eating out without losing control.
Special Guests: Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb; Fran Carpentier, Sr. Ed., Parade Magazine; Howard Steinberg, Founder & CEO, dLife.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with guests from this show.
- Learn more about diabetes and cardiovascular risk.
- Read Greens, Beans, and Leans by Dr. Sheldon Gottlieb.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Homeade Tomato Sauce with Ravioli Onion Egg Drop Soup Black Bean Dip Slow-Cooker Chicken Broth Turkey Salad with Orange Peanut Dressing Cherry Yogurt Parfait Cream of Vegetable Soup Tomato Salsa Topping Pasta e Fagioli Basic Pancakes
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...