Neuropathy & Feet
Diabetes, Neuropathy, and Foot Care
(Pictured: Mother Love and podiatrist Dr. Andrew Rice check out ML's new custom shoe inserts.)
Highlights: Diabetic neuropathy explained with Dr. Aaron Vinik; how to recognize and prevent the little known complications of diabetes; foot care products that will keep you on your toes; and Mother Love’s visit to the podiatrist.
Special Guests: Dr. Aaron Vinik; Dr. Gerald Bernstein; Dr. Andrew Rice.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with guests from this show.
- Learn more about neuropathy.
- Read an excerpt from Numb Toes and Aching Soles by John Senneff.
- Find out details on the Medicare therapeutic shoe and insert benefit.
- What is anodyne therapy?
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Fennel with Peppers Curried Orange Chicken Chili Burgers Green Beans Amandine Vegetable Tamale Pie Watercress Salad with Balsamic Dressing Madras Shrimp Molahu Veritadu Curry & Black Pepper Balsamic Marmalade Chicken Baked Veggie Polenta Baked Cereal Pudding
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...