Neuropathy & Feet
Diabetes, Neuropathy, and Foot Care
(Pictured: Mother Love and podiatrist Dr. Andrew Rice check out ML's new custom shoe inserts.)
Highlights: Diabetic neuropathy explained with Dr. Aaron Vinik; how to recognize and prevent the little known complications of diabetes; foot care products that will keep you on your toes; and Mother Love’s visit to the podiatrist.
Special Guests: Dr. Aaron Vinik; Dr. Gerald Bernstein; Dr. Andrew Rice.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with guests from this show.
- Learn more about neuropathy.
- Read an excerpt from Numb Toes and Aching Soles by John Senneff.
- Find out details on the Medicare therapeutic shoe and insert benefit.
- What is anodyne therapy?
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Penne Rigate with Turkey, Swiss Chard and Walnuts Veggie Omelet Pocket Fruit Pies Egg Substitute Omelet Chai Banana Smoothie Watermelon Lemonade Apple Griddle Cakes Black Bean and Greens Casserole Spicy Mango Salsa Creamy Asparagus and Rice Soup
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...