Highlights: Hip-hop impresario and entrepreneur Damon Dash (pictured above) talks about his dLife; strategies for stemming the rising tide of type 2 diabetes with Dr. James Gavin of the National Diabetes Education Program; and eating well in the hood with J. Anthony Brown and Dr. Leonore Coleman.
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with Dr. James Gavin.
- Visit Sweet Enuff - website of today's dLife Story of the Day subject, Amy Jordan.
- Find out more about ethnicities at risk for type 2 diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Parmesan Cheese Artichoke Dip Sun Tea Marinated Chicken Roll-ups Chinese Hot and Sour Soup Sweet and Spicy Grilled Chicken Breast Spicy Island Chicken Beefy Bean Dip Tarragon Green Beans Red Bell Pepper Sauce Beef Consomme
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...