Highlights: Hip-hop impresario and entrepreneur Damon Dash (pictured above) talks about his dLife; strategies for stemming the rising tide of type 2 diabetes with Dr. James Gavin of the National Diabetes Education Program; and eating well in the hood with J. Anthony Brown and Dr. Leonore Coleman.
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with Dr. James Gavin.
- Visit Sweet Enuff - website of today's dLife Story of the Day subject, Amy Jordan.
- Find out more about ethnicities at risk for type 2 diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Easy Marinated Chicken Goat Cheese & Pecan Spinach Salad Creamed Succotash Frozen Fruit Cups Crab Casserole With Eggs Pot Roast with Port Wine Cola Braised Brisket Baked Chicken and Vegetable Egg Roll Cooked Pumpkin Paradise Pie
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...