Highlights: Hip-hop impresario and entrepreneur Damon Dash (pictured above) talks about his dLife; strategies for stemming the rising tide of type 2 diabetes with Dr. James Gavin of the National Diabetes Education Program; and eating well in the hood with J. Anthony Brown and Dr. Leonore Coleman.
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with Dr. James Gavin.
- Visit Sweet Enuff - website of today's dLife Story of the Day subject, Amy Jordan.
- Find out more about ethnicities at risk for type 2 diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
Seven Season Salmon Corny Chicken Tacos Norwegian Meatballs German Loaf Cookies Garlic and Herb Oven Fried Halibut Grilled Turkey with Garlic Sauce Zesty Vegetable Beef Salad Cheddar and Mushroom Pork Peggy's Pulled Pork Barbecue Chocolate Mint Brownie
Years before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, The Other Half came out of a doctor's appointment with a diagnosis of "borderline diabetes" and an ADA exchange diet sheet. His health insurance agency followed up on the diagnosis with a glucometer and test strips. After a year or so of trying to follow the diet plan and test his glucose levels, things appeared to be back in "normal" range, and stood there until a couple of years after my own diagnosis. Shortly...