dLifeTV Fall Premiere!
Highlights: Pregnancy and diabetes expert Dr. Lois Jovanovic talks about preconception, birth, and beyond; big news from dLifeTV host Nicole Johnson Baker; and delicious dLife smoothies from Chef Chris Smith.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with Dr. Jovanovic and Nicole Johnson Baker.
- More about pregnancy and diabetes from dLife.
- Learn about gestational diabetes.
- Read more about Nicole Johnson Baker's dLife.
- Try the dLife Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie.
- Get the recipe for the dLife-ful Berry Smoothie.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Marinated Orange Slices Traditional Pound Cake Hollandaise Asparagus Chicken Maryland Crabmeat Ball Couscous with Walnuts White Bean Pate Rosemary and Sherry Pork Chops Beef Brisket With Spices Grilled Three-Cheese Cucumber Sandwich Grilled Garlic Zucchini
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...