Highlights: Endocrinologist Dr. Steve Edelman explains what you should know about insulin; why you should never guess your blood sugar number; and exercise for everyone with Olympian Gary Hall, Jr. and author of The Diabetic Athlete and Diabetes-Free Kids, Dr. Sheri Colberg-Ochs.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read an excerpt on insulin treatment from Dr. Edelman's book - Taking Control of Your Diabetes.
- More about insulin from dLife.
- Hear about the latest happenings in Gary Hall, Jr.'s dLife.
- Make time for exercise with Dr. Sheri Colberg-Ochs.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Frozen Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Ocean Spray® Warm Cranberry Apple Punch Beans with BBQ Sauce Mouthwatering Macaroon Cookies West Indies Shrimp Spiced Scallops Garlic Green Beans with Manchego Cheese Prosciutto and Peas Rice Salad Southern Style Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
Glucagon is one of those things that hasn't changed much in the diabetes world, in terms of packaging, dosing, method of delivery, since the time of my diagnosis in 1982. It's also one of those items that you buy in the same vein as say a generator. You might never use it, but it sure as heck is handy to have should your lights go out. The first time I was given glucagon was on the front lawn of my childhood home. What I remember of that night was going to bed after a...