Highlights: Endocrinologist Dr. Steve Edelman explains what you should know about insulin; why you should never guess your blood sugar number; and exercise for everyone with Olympian Gary Hall, Jr. and author of The Diabetic Athlete and Diabetes-Free Kids, Dr. Sheri Colberg-Ochs.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read an excerpt on insulin treatment from Dr. Edelman's book - Taking Control of Your Diabetes.
- More about insulin from dLife.
- Hear about the latest happenings in Gary Hall, Jr.'s dLife.
- Make time for exercise with Dr. Sheri Colberg-Ochs.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Peach and Strawberry Flan Pineapple Avocado Couscous Salad Turkey Vegetable Pie Scrambled Eggs with Cheese Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Lima Bean Dip with Garlic and Lemon Mushroom-Spinach Stuffed Beef Tenderloin Soy Lemon Pork Chops Fresh Peach Tart Spiced Lamb Chops
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...