Highlights: Endocrinologist Dr. Steve Edelman explains what you should know about insulin; why you should never guess your blood sugar number; and exercise for everyone with Olympian Gary Hall, Jr. and author of The Diabetic Athlete and Diabetes-Free Kids, Dr. Sheri Colberg-Ochs.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read an excerpt on insulin treatment from Dr. Edelman's book - Taking Control of Your Diabetes.
- More about insulin from dLife.
- Hear about the latest happenings in Gary Hall, Jr.'s dLife.
- Make time for exercise with Dr. Sheri Colberg-Ochs.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Pesto-Coated Baked Chicken Indian Monkfish Lentil and Green Olive Salad Vegetable Bean Lasagna Spinach Dip White Bean and Pine Nut Dip Buttermilk Blueberry Squares Veggie Enchiladas Fish Provencale Asparagus with Warm Vinaigrette
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...