Highlights: Leading diabetes experts talk frankly about preventing and treating the complications of diabetes, Patti LaBelle shares her diabetes life, and Michel Nischan cooks up quick and easy low-carb snacks.
Special Guests: Dr. Andrew Drexler and Carolyn Robertson, RN; "Diva-betic" Patti Labelle; and Chef Michel Nischan.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read more about preventing diabetic complications.
- Find healthcare professionals with the dLife Diabetes Locator.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for low-carb Mexican Pizza.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Swordfish with a Fennel Saffron Sauce Lemony London Broil Chicken & Vegetable Tortilla Roll-Ups Ricotta Mango Omelet Salad with Peppers and Pine Nuts Tomato Pepper Guacamole Boneless Buffalo Chicken Salad Super Seafood Stew Bell Pepper and Onion Sauté Italian Cauliflower
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...