Highlights: Leading diabetes experts talk frankly about preventing and treating the complications of diabetes, Patti LaBelle shares her diabetes life, and Michel Nischan cooks up quick and easy low-carb snacks.
Special Guests: Dr. Andrew Drexler and Carolyn Robertson, RN; "Diva-betic" Patti Labelle; and Chef Michel Nischan.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read more about preventing diabetic complications.
- Find healthcare professionals with the dLife Diabetes Locator.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for low-carb Mexican Pizza.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Lemon Poppy Muffins Brisket n' Barbecue Sauce Thanksgiving Cranberry Compote Crab and Cantaloupe Salad Mussels in Red Curry Broth Wild Rice Casserole Fruit Cocktail Cobbler Mustard and Herb Baked Salmon Healthy Pumpkin Pie Turkey Breast with Raspberry Salsa
Someone at work asked me for a “fun fact” about myself for an upcoming newsletter highlighting recent accomplishments. Having just had an absolutely hellish day and night of high blood sugars, I thought … Fun Fact: My son’s blood sugar was 525 yesterday. Fun Fact: My son’s blood sugar was so high that he couldn’t take part in his hockey team’s end-of-season party. Fun Fact: It took several...