Highlights: Leading diabetes experts talk frankly about preventing and treating the complications of diabetes, Patti LaBelle shares her diabetes life, and Michel Nischan cooks up quick and easy low-carb snacks.
Special Guests: Dr. Andrew Drexler and Carolyn Robertson, RN; "Diva-betic" Patti Labelle; and Chef Michel Nischan.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read more about preventing diabetic complications.
- Find healthcare professionals with the dLife Diabetes Locator.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for low-carb Mexican Pizza.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
No Nonsense Brownies Homemade Whole Wheat Pancakes Mulled Cranberry 'Cider' Mexican Soup Pan Seared Pork with Sweet Onions and Herbs Dijon Salmon Reduced-Sugar Chocolate Chip Fudgie Cups Rolled Veggie Quesadillas Butterscotch Crispies Asian Rubbed Flank Steak (Gluten Free)
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...