Highlights: Leading diabetes experts talk frankly about preventing and treating the complications of diabetes, Patti LaBelle shares her diabetes life, and Michel Nischan cooks up quick and easy low-carb snacks.
Special Guests: Dr. Andrew Drexler and Carolyn Robertson, RN; "Diva-betic" Patti Labelle; and Chef Michel Nischan.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read more about preventing diabetic complications.
- Find healthcare professionals with the dLife Diabetes Locator.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's recipe for low-carb Mexican Pizza.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Anchovy Puff Balls Ground Beef Stroganoff Ginger Steak Stir-Fry Squash Stuffed with Cranberries Drumsticks Cacciatore-style Wilted Kale and Cannellini Beans with Garlic Roasted Chili Cornbread Blueberry Crumb Muffins (Gluten Free) Cashew Turkey Salad White Chicken Stock
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...