Highlights: The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) has the latest on a search for a cure, and Representative Curt Weldon talks about federal diabetes legislation. Plus, a visit to a very special camp for kids – the Barton Center.
Special Guests: Dr. Aaron Kowalski of the JDRF; Congressman and Diabetes Caucus member Curt Weldon; and Barton camper Anna DeCoste.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read more about recent JDRF diabetes research.
- Find a diabetes camp near you.
- Contact your government reps about diabetes legislation.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Sweet Raspberry Sauce Hazelnut Brussels Sprouts Frittata Di Spaghetti Zucchini Spread Summer Corn Salad Hot or Cold Tomato Cocktail Greek Pita Pizzas Vegetable Salad with Feta Dressing Steamed Fish with Ginger Wine Sauce Pork and Green Beans
If you listen closely, you may hear the sound of 25 million Americans with diabetes rejoicing today. In a revolutionary movement, the FDA has given 510(k) approval on Abbott's HbA1C test which is expected to help millions of Americans with Type 1 or 2 diabetes or those at risk. Abbott's ARCHITECT Clinical Chemistry Hemoglobin A1C (HbA1C) test is a dramatic shift in diabetes diagnosis and monitoring. Instead of the HbA1C tests performed at a laboratory and constituted as blood work, the...