Highlights: The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) has the latest on a search for a cure, and Representative Curt Weldon talks about federal diabetes legislation. Plus, a visit to a very special camp for kids – the Barton Center.
Special Guests: Dr. Aaron Kowalski of the JDRF; Congressman and Diabetes Caucus member Curt Weldon; and Barton camper Anna DeCoste.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read more about recent JDRF diabetes research.
- Find a diabetes camp near you.
- Contact your government reps about diabetes legislation.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Cornmeal Crusted Tilapia (Gluten Free) Cheese and Spinach Squares Lamb with Brown Rice "Risotto" Easy Apple Pear Crisp Low Fat Turkey Meat Loaf Tangy Fruit Dip Shrimp Scampi Apricot Iced Tea Chili Cheese Corn Bread Morning Coffee
One of the online diabetes groups I belong to (but don't frequently post to) is geared towards "frum" (Orthodox or "observant") Jewish people with (mostly type 1) diabetes. Most of the chat on the mailing list centers around people needing last-minute supplies before Shabbat or a holiday, where to acquire supplies and get medical help when visiting Israel, and advice on which pump is best for one's type 1 child — in other words, the usual sort of diabetes chatter, but...