Highlights: The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) has the latest on a search for a cure, and Representative Curt Weldon talks about federal diabetes legislation. Plus, a visit to a very special camp for kids – the Barton Center.
Special Guests: Dr. Aaron Kowalski of the JDRF; Congressman and Diabetes Caucus member Curt Weldon; and Barton camper Anna DeCoste.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read more about recent JDRF diabetes research.
- Find a diabetes camp near you.
- Contact your government reps about diabetes legislation.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Sesame Spinach and Mushroom Salad Lynnie-Lynn's Quick Baby Back Ribs Pan-Seared Pork Chops Nutty Whole-Grain Silver Dollar Pancakes Beer and Sugar Glazed Pork Chops Pizza Tortellini Artichoke Bruschetta Almond Curry Spread Individual Chocolate Cakes Grilled Eggplant Yogurt Dip
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...