Highlights: The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) has the latest on a search for a cure, and Representative Curt Weldon talks about federal diabetes legislation. Plus, a visit to a very special camp for kids – the Barton Center.
Special Guests: Dr. Aaron Kowalski of the JDRF; Congressman and Diabetes Caucus member Curt Weldon; and Barton camper Anna DeCoste.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read more about recent JDRF diabetes research.
- Find a diabetes camp near you.
- Contact your government reps about diabetes legislation.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Orange-Pineapple Sherbet Chicken-Vegetable Dish Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Greek Quinoa Salad (Gluten Free) Basil and Tomato Dressing Fresh Salsa Autumn Squash Pearl Onions with Peas and Leeks Twice Baked Potatoes Stuffed with Ham Indian Spiced Sweet Potatoes
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...